Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just followed an ambulance and got home well quick !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know there are ambulance drivers on this site, so wonder why they have not commented on pratts like you that do this sort of thing.
It's bad enough people moaning on response times for ambulances, and then you get this.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's not the kind of thing that I would do - and I think to take some sort of personal pride in having done it is very odd, but if you're a safe & reasonable distance behind it, within the speed limit, and not going through any red lights or taking chances at junctions/roundabouts (not an issue on a motorway/most major dual carriageways) I'm not sure quite how it could be illegal.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Don't see what the fuss is about. I did it behind a fire engine once. How much gap are you supposed to leave behind a blue light anyway. For example if going merrily on your way and an ambulance in front sticks its lights on, are you supposed to drop off, no I don't think you should!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Don't see the problem. Got some angry looks but only cos they don't have the bottle to do the same !

What happens if the ambulance has to brake suddenly and you plough into the back of the ambulance? The crew are either on their way to a job or have a patient on board, either way you ploughing into the back of them could be life threatening for all involved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never done it before but an ambulance had its blues on and decided to follow it as everybody was pulling over. Straight down the a27 and back home in double quick time. Don't know why I haven't done it before.

I did this in Commercial Rd Portsmouth in about 1970 when much younger and rightly got nicked for Driving without due consideration for other road users fined £30, which was a lot then but points were not in operation. At 30 years old I thought that I was the best driver in the world, what 30 year old doesnt?

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Never done it before but an ambulance had its blues on and decided to follow it as everybody was pulling over. Straight down the a27 and back home in double quick time. Don't know why I haven't done it before.

You think you`re clever no doubt..I like most think what a Dick..

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
The roads clear ahead in my book so I'm driving on it. I was a touch near to the ambulance and got the back off hands from the driver so did back off a little bit but no harm caused.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The roads clear ahead in my book so I'm driving on it. I was a touch near to the ambulance and got the back off hands from the driver so did back off a little bit but no harm caused.

idiot-inside.jpg

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

And with that comment alone you've picked up a nomination for NSC Dickhead of the Year. Congratulations, you're in a tough contest but stand a good chance of winning.

The ambulance driver is on blues and twos and trying to concentrate on doing that which requires extreme concentration on a motorway and you have distracted him enough that he has had to tell you to back off. Driving without due care and attention, well done.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Will this be your defence? :lolol:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yep. I've been in ambulances and called the police several times about people tailgating whilst on blue lights.

The offenders were either pulled over or the rear camera was used to identify them later.

Yes, I know a chap that got nicked for this twice, thinking he was better than the other drivers. Fined much more than £30. I believe it was closer to £100.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So it seems the OP could be caught on camera and now waiting to see what the postman brings ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Only a fool breaks the two second rule and if the weather is poor then make it four......so if your outside that immunity zone....technically you really have done nothing wrong in my book,but i am assuming the ambulance was not doing 45mph in a 30mph? for example on certain stretches......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here