Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ooh, The Arrogance

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As a point of interest how do we all think that CH would do if he was United or says Spurs manager? Unthinkable two seasons ago but if he keeps going like he has over the last couple of seasons, he will surely be targeted by one of the big boys eventually?

I honestly think he’d make a better fist of United than Mourinho has done and yes I know they’ve won some cups and finished second but Christ they are a dull team, even at home. United are traditionally a very attractive team to watch most of the time.

I think we may be moving into attempted poaching territory from one of the big boys if we do well again this season.

It's a bit early to talk about "if we do well". We've shown in two games that we're pretty similar to last season. Decent at home with the potential to beat a mis-firing giant and awful and introspective away. CH will need to sort out our away form before we can be said to have progressed at all.

If he does then I still tend to agree with the thought that the big 6 will have a list of potential replacement managers already and he won't be on it - a mixture of succesful foreign managers and the same old names will be.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Cheers. You are factually correct of course. Their away support has been decent for years though they were headed for the exits about 80 mins yesterday. It's a little bit of a running joke from FB based on the fact I have United supporting family from Devon, a United supporting boss from Basingstoke via Guildford (hence the reference to the latter) and a mate from school who's United but has been to OT once. I also have a tendency to repeat crap jokes.
repeating crap jokes , believe me youre not in my league when it comes to that :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It’s nothing to do with neediness but it’s everything to do with respect. We beat United fair and square, accept it and acknowledge it that they were beaten by a better side. I think it’s some of their fans who are the needy ones.
of course its needy and tinpot , have the confidence to not give a f*ck whether you get respect from them or not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a bit early to talk about "if we do well". We've shown in two games that we're pretty similar to last season. Decent at home with the potential to beat a mis-firing giant and awful and introspective away. CH will need to sort out our away form before we can be said to have progressed at all.

If he does then I still tend to agree with the thought that the big 6 will have a list of potential replacement managers already and he won't be on it - a mixture of succesful foreign managers and the same old names will be.

IF the signings we have made are as good as we hope they are I think we could be a surprise package. CH showed remarkably good man management in trusting the team that kept us up for the first match (Fulham fielded just four of the players that got them promoted, must have really disappointed a lot of players). Sticking with the same team for yesterday was brave in the extreme imo and very few on here were thrilled by the team sheet.

Players play for CH no doubt about it, not sure those United players were playing for Mourinho yesterday. Maybe it was their Watford and they’ll steamroller Spurs in the next match :shrug:

My point is that CH keeps delivering and IF we do a Burnley (yes, it’s a big if) I think it might alert top teams. I may be wrong but he is very highly thought of and a dream manager for the chairman in comparison to most of the big egos managing at the top. Get Brighton challenging for Europe (OK you can stop laughing now :smile:) and he may become a target. His age might well count against him though.

There seems to be an attitude that he has no chance of a top job, not convinced myself and I’d much rather he stayed here anyway.

el punal

of course its needy and tinpot , have the confidence to not give a f*ck whether you get respect from them or not.

Let’s start again shall we. In my original post I stated that it was an observation, and absolutely nothing to do with being tinpot or needy. If that’s your take on it, fine, you carry on. By the way I have the confidence to not give a f*** as and when required - my decision though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here