Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Morteza Pouraliganji

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
are you now in his corner rather than Liam Moore's

No BG... I remain in Albion’s corner. I presume our number one target is Moore, but I love that we may have a brilliant alternative if the Moore deal goes wrong.

This one also helps our negotiating position with Tinpot FC, so a good thing for our beloved club IMHO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No BG... I remain in Albion’s corner. I presume our number one target is Moore, but I love that we may have a brilliant alternative if the Moore deal goes wrong.

This one also helps our negotiating position with Tinpot FC, so a good thing for our beloved club IMHO...

Don’t forget we’ll also be looking for an out-of-contract 36 year old makeweight as well.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Don’t forget we’ll also be looking for an out-of-contract 36 year old makeweight as well.

Yes, that’s the one we’re all waiting for, well BG is waiting for, at least. If only James Collins would sign, then our extensive search for a 4th CB would be over at last! [emoji6]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It would appear that that ship has sailed and we are looking for an upgrade on Dunk and Duffy.

Pretty sure 'upgrade' is incorrect, but genuine competition for D, D & B is definitely sought, as I have explained to you repeatedly...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Think it sailed a while ago....there were a few stood forlornly on the quayside waiting for it, despite everyone telling them it had already left

Lol! :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
'Free' is definitely a misnomer, as he will probably demand a hefty signing-on fee...

Quite possibly yes, but I would guess that 'hefty' would still be considerably less than a £15M transfer fee (not that I think we'll pay quite that much anyway). Anyway, this one looks like fizzling out - shame really, I rather liked the idea, even though I realise it would have given a problem to solve re: our number of overseas players.

Picking up two international CBs from the WC finals, both for free, wold have been a bit of a coup, no?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The reports coming in refer to or are lifted from the Daily Mail.

I don't there is anything to see here.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
What people seem to be missing when they talk about Pouraliganji replacing Dunk, is that Dunk is HGP and therefore would need to be replaced by another HGP.

It's the same situation as Moore/Goldson again. The Iranian fella solves nothing unless we also sell someone else to make space.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What people seem to be missing when they talk about Pouraliganji replacing Dunk, is that Dunk is HGP and therefore would need to be replaced by another HGP.

It's the same situation as Moore/Goldson again. The Iranian fella solves nothing unless we also sell someone else to make space.
Or having a non-HGP replacement for Dunk in the squad is more worthwhile than having a non-HGP 3rd choice leftback.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or having a non-HGP replacement for Dunk in the squad is more worthwhile than having a non-HGP 3rd choice leftback.

Spot on - but if we did replace Dunk with Pouraliganji we'd still be looking for a 4th.CB, who could/should/would be an HGP.

There's a hell of a lot of 'ifs' in all that tough - I don't think Dunk's going anywhere, for a start.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Quite possibly yes, but I would guess that 'hefty' would still be considerably less than a £15M transfer fee (not that I think we'll pay quite that much anyway). Anyway, this one looks like fizzling out - shame really, I rather liked the idea, even though I realise it would have given a problem to solve re: our number of overseas players.

Picking up two international CBs from the WC finals, both for free, wold have been a bit of a coup, no?

Yes! But HGP and all that...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Spot on - but if we did replace Dunk with Pouraliganji we'd still be looking for a 4th.CB, who could/should/would be an HGP.

There's a hell of a lot of 'ifs' in all that tough - I don't think Dunk's going anywhere, for a start.

Morteza Pouraliganji and Liam Moore?, that would work if Dunk goes.

But I do agree that Dunk won't be going anywhere.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here