cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There's not room for the whole ok the ur leg population zurely

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
You're being serious, aren't you.

You think that's the issue :lolol:

Where did I say that that was "the issue"? Or have you quoted a small part of an answer to a question and rather than discuss the full thing hoped a smiley will somehow disguise that you're, again, misrepresenting something?

Do you or anyone here honestly think a player will now be less likely to report a racist comment in case they may get booed at a single football game?

Anyway, this is going nowhere and I'm not going to post any more. I've made my points and perhaps I could have done so better but at least I've not lowered myself to making lazy stereotypes and insults in vein to what I've read from some. That said, having seen Burnley fans' support of Rodriguez being likened to supporting a paedophile and the booing at one game being likened to the persistent and flagrant homophobic and racist abuse directed at Justin Fashanu I do look forward to popping back in and reading what you manage to next rile yourselves up to in this echo chamber of yours. :wave:

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I honestly think it'll make no difference. Has Bong been physically harmed by being booed? Has his stock as a footballer been harmed?

QUOTE]

Kids that commit suicide after social media bullying may never ever be physically harmed - until they take their own life because of the mental toll they face.

That remark shows what an ignorant human being you are

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
http://soldierandwar.com/
it's quite a popular interest ,does it make everyone a Nazi ?
regards
DR

It's popular historical interest, but that doesn't mean it's 'quite popular' to wear a Nazi T-shirt from one of your links, or call yourself Das Reich in regard to any of the definitions in your other link. Most people know what that makes someone.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Do you or anyone here honestly think a player will now be less likely to report a racist comment in case they may get booed at a single football game?

What year is it? It's NOT ok to act like that. This stuff needs to be absolutely kicked out of the game. The booing noise isn't the issue you wally it's the REASON you booed.

You've sided with somebody purely due to the fact he's from Burnley. Forget the evidence. Forget the outcome. Forget decorum. BOOOOOOO.

Classless.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

:

If it contributes to even ONE player just doubting whether it is worth the hassle to report abuse then it has had a HUGELY negative effect.. "Just" being booed in that game has been followed up with:
-Days of press.
-Lovely 'spokespeople' from Burnley saying "he set himself up nicely for that"
-Burnley fans continuing to slag him off on twitter and claim he made up allegations (in response to stories about the booing)

I'm going to put my neck on line and make the staggering prediction that you probably haven't received alleged racist abuse before. Frankly, I'm not going to care if you think it would effect someone's mindset in that situation.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If it contributes to even ONE player just doubting whether it is worth the hassle to report abuse then it has had a HUGELY negative effect.. "Just" being booed in that game has been followed up with:
-Days of press.
-Lovely 'spokespeople' from Burnley saying "he set himself up nicely for that"
-Burnley fans continuing to slag him off on twitter and claim he made up allegations (in response to stories about the booing)

I'm going to put my neck on line and make the staggering prediction that you probably haven't received alleged racist abuse before. Frankly, I'm not going to care if you think it would effect someone's mindset in that situation.

Completely, totally and utterly this. I can't believe the classless Burnley fans STILL don't get it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Where did I say that that was "the issue"? Or have you quoted a small part of an answer to a question and rather than discuss the full thing hoped a smiley will somehow disguise that you're, again, misrepresenting something?

Anyway, this is going nowhere and I'm not going to post any more. I've made my points and perhaps I could have done so better but at least I've not lowered myself to making lazy stereotypes and insults in vein to what I've read from some. That said, having seen Burnley fans' support of Rodriguez being likened to supporting a paedophile and the booing at one game being likened to the persistent and flagrant homophobic and racist abuse directed at Justin Fashanu I do look forward to popping back in and reading what you manage to next rile yourselves up to in this echo chamber of yours. :wave:
‘’ this is going nowhere’’ gawd you’ve only just realised :facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I didn't liken the booing at one game to Justin Fashinu. I used Justin Fashinu to demonstrate that physical harm is not the only damage that can be done to a footballer.
Persistent abuse does come into it, because Gaetan Bong has had to endure abuse since January, and it was starting to die down, when Burnley fans thought it would be a good idea to boo him, for reasons of their own. Yes, that is persistent abuse.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Dogs abuse?! Behave.

Please don't start re-writing that bit now. The abuse was disgraceful, it was aimed at a black footballer whose only 'crime' was reporting what he believed to be racial abuse from a fellow professional. If we (includes you) are serious about ridding the game of racism then we (you) don't boo players who have reported it. It is not difficult to understand. I have previously mentioned that I would no longer report such an incident if I were in Bong's position because the abuse just isn't worth it. You have not answered my question as to what you would do in Bong's position. Try showing some empathy because at the moment you are coming across as singularly lacking in that respect.
Oh and don't include me in the debate about Southerners stereotyping the people of Burnley. I have criticised this wherever I have read it. I enjoyed visiting your town and will do so again. I have Northern family and I live in rural Norfolk. I do object though to people such as yourself acting as apologists for unacceptable behaviour like I witnessed on Saturday.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

And there you have it.

Kept up the debate quite well for a number of hours but finally got to "the point".

Even the mildest criticism of Saturday isn't going to sink in. There really isn't any point continuing to debate what happened.

This isn't a difference of opinion, it's a lack of awareness.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
And there you have it.

Kept up the debate quite well for a number of hours but finally got to "the point".

Even the mildest criticism of Saturday isn't going to sink in. There really isn't any point continuing to debate what happened.

This isn't a difference of opinion, it's a lack of awareness.

At the absolute best

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dogs abuse?! Behave.

So it wasn't dogs abuse that your crowd spend a lot of the game booing him. In my books that is dogs abuse...but you haven't answered my points again!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Matt, simple question.

Do you think the reaction of Burnley fans directed towards a black player who made an allegation of racist abuse towards him, will encourage or discourage other players doing the same?

I honestly think it'll make no difference. Has Bong been physically harmed by being booed? Has his stock as a footballer been harmed?

Does booing players with a reputation for diving change their behaviour and stop them diving? No. It's football pantomime which is having way too much significance attached to it by those with an agenda.

Please answer the question honestly rather than the one you hoped had been asked

I think Matt may be a politician :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t need to justify my loyalty to BHA to the likes of you, your comment that I should be “backing your player” is a significant part of the problem here.

Do I think Knockeart has been legitimately fouled every time he goes sprawling to the floor? No, sometimes is f*cking embarrassing. He’s not alone, I don’t just blindly and obediently back our players.

This case involves a serious complaint of racism against JR that has been unproven, I get the semantics, but on the facts this means JR has not been exposed as a racist.

Burnley fans booing Bong is distasteful, but it’s not de facto evidence of racism.

After all their conduct is much more likely to be a case of them “backing their player” as tenuous as it is that JR is a Burnley player.

So you’ve dodged the question while admitting in the final paragraph that JR isn’t even a Burnley player, which is a massive part of the issue. Do you think Bong should have made his complaint? Yes or no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here