Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard SIGNS on LOAN

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wonder away, unless we suddenly transform into the sort of side who are willing to spend above £5-6m on a player I'd forget it.

He's out of contract isn't he, so we are not going to have to spend that sort of money even assuming he wants to stay.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
He's out of contract isn't he, so we are not going to have to spend that sort of money even assuming he wants to stay.

No chance, he appears regularly on MU Tv and is highly regarded at United!

My mates here in Manchester don't know why he has been loaned and and think he should be getting games!

Enjoy whilst we have him I say

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

They're not just going to let him walk scot free when they turned down £5 million DAYS ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They're not just going to let him walk scot free when they turned down £5 million DAYS ago.

I'm not sure that they'll have a say come the end of the season, it'll be down to the player whether he accepts a new contract from them won't it?

Obviously he will accept the Man U contract though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is AZ Gull wrong then or am I missing something?

Classic NSC: [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] getting into an argument about our chances of signing Lingard in the summer at the end of his contract - even though a post a few minutes before clearly states his contract has another 18 months to run.

[I haven't actually seen Lingard's contract first-hand, of course, and maybe it DOES end in June, but the Argus reported it has another 18 months left].

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
No chance, he appears regularly on MU Tv and is highly regarded at United!

My mates here in Manchester don't know why he has been loaned and and think he should be getting games!

Enjoy whilst we have him I say
Cannot say better than that...we have a young exciting player....enjoy....given the choice of being in our first team or Man U after the end of the season,he is going to the big stage...but very well done to the club for getting him in the first place.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Classic NSC: [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] getting into an argument about our chances of signing Lingard in the summer at the end of his contract - even though a post a few minutes before clearly states his contract has another 18 months to run.

[I haven't actually seen Lingard's contract first-hand, of course, and maybe it DOES end in June, but the Argus reported it has another 18 months left].

Plus he said he is using this loan as a stepping stone to getting in Man Utd team next season so I would think there is more chance of signing me permanent than him.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
During the summer getting obika on loan would have been a big thing.Having got him in January we have already written him off.

Now Jessie Lingard comes along on loan and we are already trying to sign him permanently without seeing him play.

My biggest concern is that our 4-5-1 formation will not allow him the freedom to express himself.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He'll be fine. 4 goals tomorrow will make him an instant hero. No pressure, Jesse. At least, not from me: 2 will be just fine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I knew he had 18 months left - that's why I'm saying no chance unless we're willing to spend multiple millions. Why would United have turned down £5m if they were going to let him go for free 6 months later?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here