Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I would not expect Barber to be at the end of my road on matchday, searching all and sundry either.

BHA are taking responsibility for your safety at the stadium, within reasonable limits.

How are they stopping the jihadi with a thermos bomb who wishes to detonate inside the stadium from detonating at the turnstile instead because he cant get the thermos bomb past security at the turnstle?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The banning of flasks in a nonsense, and to do it for security reasons is a lack of common sense. I know the club can not discriminate, but we all know the the demographic of a flask carrier to a football match is extremely unlikely to be an acid wheedling, bomb making terrorist. If the club are worried get them to undo the lid, be it will pretty obvious what is inside. I have never taken a flask to football, but I hate how we are letting these cowards change our way of life.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How are they stopping the jihadi with a thermos bomb who wishes to detonate inside the stadium from detonating at the turnstile instead because he cant get the thermos bomb past security at the turnstle?

Now everyone knows flasks are banned, anyone seen with one on the train/nearby will IMMEDIATELY be shopped to the nearest PCSO as a likely Jihadist, surely ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Nowt is 100%, but elh.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The banning of flasks in a nonsense, and to do it for security reasons is a lack of common sense. I know the club can not discriminate, but we all know the the demographic of a flask carrier to a football match is extremely unlikely to be an acid wheedling, bomb making terrorist. If the club are worried get them to undo the lid, be it will pretty obvious what is inside. I have never taken a flask to football, but I hate how we are letting these cowards are changing our way of life.
Undo the lid..... BANG.

Past caring about this now, tbh. If people still can't see why the club is doing this, then they might as well go on in ignorance.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

I reckon a Peregrine Falcon could be trained to carry a thermos bomb into the stadium. How is the club planning to counter this imminent threat...?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You still think that the club is doing this for financial gain?
Never did think that. The catering is running at 100% capacity with willing customers not bothering as it is. Extra load on it won't mean more takings.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Never did think that. The catering is running at 100% capacity with willing customers not bothering as it is. Extra load on it won't mean more takings.

I agree with this, even more so now that they've reduced the price of a brew to £1.80 for everybody, not just a couple of hundred flaskers. So I can't see any other reason for the ban other than as a security measure. What's your theory?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
What protection is the Club going to provide for the stewards searching supporters? After all, a bomb may be detonated during the search. This is just as possible as a flask bomb being activated in the Stadium.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does anyone know if the flask bomb ban is being extended to searches at Brighton station? Jihadis could easily board a train and walk up to a turnstile and detonate killing hundreds if it isnt.
Dereliction of duty by Barber security inc, !!!

They could also detonate a bomb vest at Brighton station or in the train as well, but I've never heard anyone complain about the body searches at the turnstiles that have been happening for 3 seasons now since the Paris attacks.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I agree with this, even more so now that they've reduced the price of a brew to £1.80 for everybody, not just a couple of hundred flaskers. So I can't see any other reason for the ban other than as a security measure. What's your theory?
It is obviously a security measure, after the club have taken advice.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think anyone really doubts its a security measure. I still maintain within ten years we will have airport style security at stadiums and possibly other public venues. They are not doing anything to prevent the ideology of such attacks so it is only going to get worse.

As least when we had the threat of the IRA terrorists there were talks to try and end the dispute and eventually we got somewhere. How do you talk to an ideology like this? Muslim population is only forecast to increase in this country over the next 20 years. Accepting it is only a very small minority that want to cause harm, a very small minority of a higher number is an increase.

Tighter security in our lives is inevitable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It is obviously a security measure, after the club have taken advice.

Sorry, I misconstrued your post before. I agree with you; it cannot be anything other than a measure taken on security advice and safety review.

Wasn't this blindingly obvious from the start ? Club seems to be acting at the cautious end of the scale relative to other similar venues for now, but maybe they've had advice re a specific threat, are ahead of the game or whatever. I agree with [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] - it'll be airport-style security before too long, possibly - and very regrettably - following an incident at a PL football ground. PL football is a soft and high profile target. Anything the club are doing to prevent this is a sensible thing, particularly where there is only minor inconvenience to a relatively small number of people.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wasn't this blindingly obvious from the start ? Club seems to be acting at the cautious end of the scale relative to other similar venues for now, but maybe they've had advice re a specific threat, are ahead of the game or whatever. I agree with [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] - it'll be airport-style security before too long, possibly - and very regrettably - following an incident at a PL football ground. PL football is a soft and high profile target. Anything the club are doing to prevent this is a sensible thing, particularly where there is only minor inconvenience to a relatively small number of people.

I'd add that in the warped sick mind of an Islamic Fundamentalist attacking a club that plays in the Premier League, openly supports LGBT and is considered as the home of gay pride, is owned by a Jew with very close Israeli links, and is sponsored by a large American corporation really is a very obvious target and maybe as supporters we should accept the clubs stance on this and perhaps only question why security isn't tougher?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here