Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Those claims are equally ridiculous. It will take ages to settle down.

Of course it will take ages, but then most of the people that voted out realised this, it was stated many times before the referendum that it would take time.
The Remainers are itching to spread the doom and gloom and so far things are ok, better than was predicted by the IMF and others.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not true, there were a number of left-wing parties including Respect that backed Brexit, the DUP also backed Brexit. But I do take issue at your clear attempt to smear the LEAVE campaign by implying that only extremists supported Brexit.

By that same token, the REMAIN camp included Sinn Fein whereas if Bob Crow and Tony Benn were alive today they would both have campaigned for Brexit.

And what was Respect with George Galloway at the helm.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Of course it will take ages, but then most of the people that voted out realised this, it was stated many times before the referendum that it would take time.
The Remainers are itching to spread the doom and gloom and so far things are ok, better than was predicted by the IMF and others.

So you're happy with GBP at a 31 year low against the USD. That's fine, but how far would it need to fall for it not to be ok in your view.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So you're happy with GBP at a 31 year low against the USD. That's fine, but how far would it need to fall for it not to be ok in your view.

I am happy we are exiting the EU, i do not speculate or have a view on something that has not happened..... how far would it have to go up before it to be ok in your view.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I am happy we are exiting the EU, i do not speculate or have a view on something that has not happened..... how far would it have to go up before it to be ok in your view.

Avoiding the question again, well done. I may have to let some party boppers off when you do actually answer one

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Avoiding the question again, well done. I may have to let some party boppers off when you do actually answer one

Not avoiding the question, just not an answer that suits you. People like you keep asking hypothetical questions on things that have not/may not happen.
I will have an opinion when and if your hypothetical scenarios happen, til then i take it as it happens. Sorry if this does not suit your agenda.
Oh, and you avoided my response as well, never mind.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So would you pay more for your food? If you would then all well and good but the vast majority I suspect would not! So you could argue we are all partly to blame!

Thats a rather odd logic, you cannot justify illegal practice or somehow use this as good reason for migration, either the market can bear more, or the farmer/supermarket reduces its margins and employs workers with their associated rights and yes preferably willing British workers that otherwise might be unemployed.

We should pay what is fair for our food. If fruit and veg are cheap partly because farmers can exploit migrant workers here with low wages and poor working conditions, or imported food is cheap because migrant workers are paid 60cents an hour in Australia or a few shillings in Kenya then its too cheap. You cant excuse exploitation because people will be miffed their carrots will go up in price.

Pastafarian and BigGully have answered this quite succinctly. The people that pick fruit and veg, wherever they come from are entitled to the same employment rights as the rest of the working population. If that means we pay a higher but fairer price then that's what needs to happen.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not avoiding the question, just not an answer that suits you. People like you keep asking hypothetical questions on things that have not/may not happen.
I will have an opinion when and if your hypothetical scenarios happen, til then i take it as it happens. Sorry if this does not suit your agenda.
Oh, and you avoided my response as well, never mind.

So if you were asked if Brighton are going to win against Preston you view would be I don't speculate the game hasn't happened yet, I will tell you at the end of the game. It must be a very wide fence that you don't move from.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So if you were asked if Brighton are going to win against Preston you view would be I don't speculate the game hasn't happened yet, I will tell you at the end of the game. It must be a very wide fence that you don't move from.

Top comparison, the future of the country adding that decisions are made by politicians in a worldwide environment with uncertainties and risks.....and a football match between two teams with 11 players each and form and positions known.........................cracking comparison :ffsparr:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Top comparison, the future of the country adding that decisions are made by politicians in a worldwide environment with uncertainties and risks.....and a football match between two teams with 11 players each and form and positions known.........................cracking comparison :ffsparr:

But yet again you avoided the question. However you must have important matters on your mind given that UKIP is in disarray with the the new leader stepping down in double quick time. Maybe time for you to step forward to take the reigns

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
But yet again you avoided the question. However you must have important matters on your mind given that UKIP is in disarray with the the new leader stepping down in double quick time. Maybe time for you to step forward to take the reigns

Oh dear, your posts are getting more desperate each time. Why would UKIP being in " disarray " bother me..... their job is done, they could rise again if needed, but the vote was out, job done.
Why would i want to "step forward to take the reigns", have you been drinking or just trying to get your post count up.
The "important matters" are getting out of the EU asap....leave the "disarray"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Farage on the comeback trail now James has stood down (someone spat at her on a train apparently).
St Theresa might have to watch out :nono:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not true, there were a number of left-wing parties including Respect that backed Brexit, the DUP also backed Brexit. But I do take issue at your clear attempt to smear the LEAVE campaign by implying that only extremists supported Brexit.

By that same token, the REMAIN camp included Sinn Fein whereas if Bob Crow and Tony Benn were alive today they would both have campaigned for Brexit.

UKIP aren't extremists though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My apologies then. I had the impression that you thought they were.

No apology needed, you're a fan of The Fall after all, which takes precedence over any of this tawdry nonsense on NSC.
[MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27983]Bas[/MENTION]hldir are 'Kippers and I respect their views. Whilst I'm no more likely to vote UKIP than you are, the party represents people who have been disenfranchised by mainstream politics.

I can't stand Farage, but he represents a safety valve in a democracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No apology needed, you're a fan of The Fall after all, which takes precedence over any of this tawdry nonsense on NSC.

You're a good bloke. :thumbsup:

I can't stand Farage, but he represents a safety valve in a democracy.

Me neither but I'll have to disagree with you here about what he represents. He's created this myth that he's an outsider untainted by the usual political scandal. Similar in that respect to Corbyn, I guess. And that moustache looks ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here