Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salah/Ramos: Not sure this is going away.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It was a foul and it was a judo throw deliberate in my opinion Liverpool were playing quite well until then but their heads dropped when Sala went off some retrospective punishment might be seen as appropriate

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What exactly do they want, the trophy retrospectively awarded to Liverpool?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
First of all Salah did this....

sla.jpg

Secondly the arm that's entangled with Ramos isn't the side that was injured. He fell heavily on the OTHER shoulder.

Ramos cynically pulled on the entangled arm to impede Salah but inertia meant they both hit the deck.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Just seen a petition with 300k signing for Ramos to be pulled up about 'that' tackle. I can't help feeling that the intention was to get some kind of dig in, I think he just underestimated the full impact of the move he made to bring Salah to ground. IMO he kept Salahs' arm barred long after he needed to.

All smoke and no fire? Sour grapes? 'All part of the game, move on? Or a cynical nasty illegal move that needs to be kept out of the game.

Personally, I think we should keep martial arts out of football.

My thoughts as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhnvETs4F6Q

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If I was a Liverpool fan, I would have been much more concerned by the players actions towards the keeper at the time of the 3rd goal and at the end.

When the goal went in, how could no-one be over there geeing him back up? For the good of the team, and the remaining performance, how does the captain at least not go over there and give him all the "chin up" stuff. Then at the end for him again to be on his own, desolated on the floor with no-one coming over.

Yeah he had a 'mare, yeah, he's probably not good enough for what Liverpool want to achieve, but more worrying for me, was that had the look of some utterly bobbins team spirit.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I don't think the modern world can cope anymore.

Any of us who have played the game (and probably everyone who hasn't: I think that covers all) will know that you like to get a dig in. Make opponents know that they are in for a game. No one really goes in to put someone out of the game.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
If I was a Liverpool fan, I would have been much more concerned by the players actions towards the keeper at the time of the 3rd goal and at the end

The Mickey Mousers anthem, what is it again? Ah yes, You'll Never Walk Alone. Practice what you preach eh?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sergio Ramos is a dirty animal with a lot of previous. 22 red cards in his career and everytime he's up against Messi he tries to hurt him. I thought it was a accident at the time, but changed my mind after seeing a video of him doing exactly the same to a Juventus player

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
22 red cards. That's a LOT more than Roy Keane got in his career. Ramos is a filthy player. I don't think he was aiming specifically to dislocate his shoulder, but I think he was fully aware that Salah may get injured in the going down and was completely fine with that.

Here's hoping some Egypt players absolutely smash him if they meet in the last 16.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What exactly do they want, the trophy retrospectively awarded to Liverpool?

No, of course not. Silly idea, that never happens, nor should it - they want the same thing that the TV pundits wanted for Tomer Hemed.

But, of course, Ramos plays for Real Madrid, so we all know which way UEFA will go on that one!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
22 red cards. That's a LOT more than Roy Keane got in his career. Ramos is a filthy player. I don't think he was aiming specifically to dislocate his shoulder, but I think he was fully aware that Salah may get injured in the going down and was completely fine with that.

Here's hoping some Egypt players absolutely smash him if they meet in the last 16.
If he had time to form that thought process then it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

That's how he appears to play football, and football has disciplined him accordingly.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It was a foul and it was a judo throw deliberate in my opinion Liverpool were playing quite well until then but their heads dropped when Sala went off some retrospective punishment might be seen as appropriate

more chance of getting kicked to death by a mad spaniel.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he had time to form that thought process then it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

That's how he appears to play football, and football has disciplined him accordingly.

Wouldn't blame the ref either, as it was the sort of coming together that's very hard to judge wrongdoing from. I believe Ramos is a very clever player who is an expert at this kind of thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here