Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Closed pubs of Sussex

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
For many years before that, it was called The Stewards Enquiry.

The main problem is that's miles from a populace, and thesedays the vast majority of people adhere to the drink drive laws.

When it was the Stewards Enquiry, it was owned (or run) by the identical twin brother of a chap (Peter something) who owned the Chalk Pit Inn at Lewes... which is another one that is now closed as a pub albeit is still open as a curry house...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Junction and the Kings Head in Burgess Hill. Latter in particular used to have some decent bands on a Friday night.

And the Royal George

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Tally Ho in Eastbourne, now the Two Bulls Steakhouse. The Bridge in Newhaven looks pretty much closed now, plenty of others in Newhaven too, including the Newfield where I had my first pint, well underage, in the 80s.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tally Ho in Eastbourne, now the Two Bulls Steakhouse. The Bridge in Newhaven looks pretty much closed now, plenty of others in Newhaven too, including the Newfield where I had my first pint, well underage, in the 80s.

The Bridge is currently being refurbished, not sure if it's going to be a pub again or flats, but I have seen Harvey's vans outside.
I think 4 pubs in Newhaven have closed since I moved here in 2001.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Drove past the Haywagon and the Half Moon over Hartfield way today. Both closed. :(

I knew the Haywagon had gone but not the Half Moon?

Isn’t it owned by the Del la Warrs? Back when I used to drink there it was run by one of the family, Lady Arabella.

She ran an interesting boozer in her own ‘unique’ way. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here