Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
14 months in, 10 to go and still no sign of this "good deal" we were promised by the Leavers.

Can any Leavers tell me what the f*ck is going on?

We are Leaving.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Five Labour MPs in the NorthEast have seen the light,and decided to represent their constituents rather than toeing the party line.
Not a single job will be lost promised Corbyn! He lied.

5 MP`s whose 5 constituencies voted
67.7% Leave
64.5% Leave
59.4% Leave
57.8% Leave
56.8% Leave
are going against their Labour party line of not having a second referendum by now calling for another referendum even though the manifesto they stood on promised to accept the result and Leave The EU.
Im sure on some planet somewhere this is considered representing the Leave vote of their constituents, just not sure which one……Planet Twitter perhaps?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just another example, as if one were required, that you don't have a clue how the world works.

I feel one of [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] issues is he always feels he needs to provide a reply, always. Hence you get some really ill thought out, or at times fabricated, posts. He really can’t stop himself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Business remainers and MPs telling us it's going to be economic meltdown. Making sure they do everything they can so that we fall in line. Telling us that they're doing it for democracy. All the while totally ignoring a democratic referendum. All they can see is there cosy gravy train thundering towards a brick wall.

It's amazing that democracy only seems to apply to one referendum in 2016. Democracy applies every day in Parliament and the House of Lords. It's not a final be all and end all.
People learn and move on. The world constantly changes.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Their constituents have now realised their jobs are at stake, and contacted these MPs.

Did you look in your crystal ball to find that out,or have you spoken to all of them?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I feel one of [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] issues is he always feels he needs to provide a reply, always. Hence you get some really ill thought out, or at times fabricated, posts. He really can’t stop himself.

He's not the only one. I dropped a Remain bait in on post 48049, and got my bingo card fully marked by 48076, with each and every Brexit diehard unable to resist nipping at the bait.
They really can't help themselves.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

So where are these examples of people needing to fly four or five times a week then?Perhaps not being able to qualify your pronouncements is one of your issues?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And then just resorts to askinto the same question over and over.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's not the only one. I dropped a Remain bait in on post 48049, and got my bingo card fully marked by 48076, with each and every Brexit diehard unable to resist nipping at the bait.
They really can't help themselves.

At least we do reply.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did you look in your crystal ball to find that out,or have you spoken to all of them?

You can't help yourself can you? I read lots of media, listen to the news, debates and other people to learn about the situation, instead of folding my arms and saying, that's it, get over it.
These MPs know about the industries in their constituencies, and are fed up with the three line whip from the Labour leadership, who are putting their ideaology in front of the country's interests.

I also provide links to comments I make, whereas your style is just to snipe.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The desicion WAS NOT delicates to us. Stop spreading LIES. It was, clearly, stated as advisory. That is not in any way even close to delegating the desicion to us.
I really do not understand how you can sit tuere and make such lies, you even know they are lies.

Calm down dear. They are not lies - the Government promised to follow the result of the referendum. In making that promise they delegated the decision to voters.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
67.7% Leave
64.5% Leave
59.4% Leave
57.8% Leave
56.8% Leave
are going against their Labour party line of not having a second referendum by now calling for another referendum even though the manifesto they stood on promised to accept the result and Leave The EU.
Im sure on some planet somewhere this is considered representing the Leave vote of their constituents, just not sure which one……Planet Twitter perhaps?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...emy-corbyn-eu-referendum-uk-mps-a8343746.html

The MPs from the Northeast – which heavily backed Leave in the 2016 referendum – said a new vote is essential because the true nature of Brexit is only just emerging.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The desicion WAS NOT delicates to us. Stop spreading LIES. It was, clearly, stated as advisory. That is not in any way even close to delegating the desicion to us.
I really do not understand how you can sit tuere and make such lies, you even know they are lies.

Gov leaflet to households

"On Thursday, 23rd June there
will be a referendum. It’s your
opportunity to decide
if the
UK remains in the European
Union (EU)."

"The referendum on Thursday,
23rd June is your chance to
decide if we should remain in
or leave the European Union"

"This is your decision. The
Government will implement
what you decide."

If the referendum was clearly stated as advisory, you will have absolutely no problem in pointing out where in The Referendum Act it clearly states "advisory".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Come on then.Give us some examples of non-aircrew jobs in this country that require flying four or five times a week.

Fairly easy. These are just from people I know so you can be certain there are many more .
One works for the BBC selling content across Europe, easily three flights a week not including flights out and home.
Another works in procurement for an e-learning platform. Flies out on a Sunday night and then easily spends the week taking at least one flight every 24 hours before flying home on Friday.
I have a friend of a friend who's a location scout. He flies at least 4 times a week.
I myself worked for an International events company. One typical week's example:
Fly into Rome on Monday morning, event in the afternoon, stay overnight in Rome, fly to Switzerland on Tuesday morning do the event , across to Germany in evening for morning event the next day, back to UK for a days rest and back to Switzerland for Friday.
See how it works?
Many companies employ a person specifically for the role of sorting travel and flight arrangements. Mott Macdonald for example have their own in house travel agency, John Proctor travel.
You are also focussing on an individual employees flights. Take a company like Mott Macdonald, I woul estimate that collective flights across their employees, per week, must run into the high hundreds.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Calm down dear. They are not lies - the Government promised to follow the result of the referendum. In making that promise they delegated the decision to voters.

David Cameron promised. He is no longer in government, as he ran away following the mess he caused.

Once again, the Referendum Act 2015, the wording is advisory.

Anyway since when did any politician keep his/her word?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I love all these arguments about a second referendum

There should be, oh no there shouldn't, oh yes there should - It really doesn't matter :shrug:

The simple fact, whether right or wrong, is that this Government (and i would bet any alternative one) will not go ahead with any deal without putting it back to the public, either by referendum or GE. They simply won't be prepared to make a decision on this scale, with all it's ramifications without 'spreading the responsibility :lolol:'

You can now go back to oh yes there shouldn't, oh no there should, he's behind you etc etc

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
67.7% Leave
64.5% Leave
59.4% Leave
57.8% Leave
56.8% Leave

That's interesting.

I knew that Sunderland voted to leave but I was always under the impression that Newcastle voted to remain (albeit by a small majority).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here