miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
MUZZA1.gif

MUZZA2.gif

MUZZA3.gif

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Such a shame that didn't go in. I think that would have stood for goal of the season(even though it's a bit late) if it had. Fantastic technique and power, and denied by a piece od brilliant goalkeeping. Like to see Murray try that a bit more next season.

This is why we need an attacking midfielder in the transfer window, should be x 5 to 10 shots like this each game, every game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is why we need an attacking midfielder in the transfer window, should be x 5 to 10 shots like this each game, every game.

Where would you play this attacking midfielder.
Or more importantly, where will CH play an attacking midfielder?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The Guardian quote I rather liked:

neither of United’s centre-halves ever appeared at ease in trying to combat the splendidly awkward Glenn Murray.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
One of those delightful moments where our seats are right in line with the flight of the ball.

Can I add a little post script to highlight the Grauniad match report referring to the “...splendidly awkward Glenn Murray.”

Spotted that - think is meant to be a compliment :)

Of course it's meant to be a compliment..

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
And the north and the east and don't forget the sw corner! That shot fully deserved a goal and any other keeper, we'd have been one up.

Agreed. Sadly there’s a guy in the East who thinks Murray is crap and that he should have scored with that shot. He hates Murray. When he left his seat at half time someone put a Glen Murray poster on his seat. When he returned he spat on it! What a “fan”! So, assuming you can read ( which many of us think is unlikely) let’s hear from you Mr superfan who sits in seat 591 J - justify your hatred of Murray or don’t bother coming back next season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The second best non goal goal at the Amex, Vicente still holds top spot.

Izzy dipping shot was much better, just under the bar. View from the lower east right behind the trajectory. Did not look so good on TV.

At least Murray's was on target, but those shots do not beat PL keepers. From a technical point of view a shot along the ground would have been harder to save. It was a good save as de Gea did not know if the shot was going right or left? (I remember Willie Irvine scoring against Villa from the same position in 1971, shooting with the outside of his right foot into the opposite top corner.)

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Not even Man United get five shots per game on target, all players. It would be good to up our average from 3.2 to 5 though.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I saw Muzza in the Royal Oak in Poynings yesterday, getting tucked into the barbecue. He always looks much slimmer and more athletic in real life. Not sure the stripes on our shirt do him any favours...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here