Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] On the feast of Stephen...

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Johnny Cantor seemed unimpressed by Stephens and Pröpper last night but the highlights showed some selective amazing passing by our Davy.
I suppose the NSC jury might be out for how effectively he replaces King Kayal but a simple page turn of the hymn book could be possible given his full name stated in Wikipedia as David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri Pröpper.
By the way, on the feast of Stephen we play Chelsea away - and even if the moon shines brightly that night the lyrics might be a bit tricky... but hopefully the result not cru-el....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Johnny Cantor seemed unimpressed by Stephens and Pröpper last night but the highlights showed some selective amazing passing by our Davy.
I suppose the NSC jury might be out for how effectively he replaces King Kayal but a simple page turn of the hymn book could be possible given his full name stated in Wikipedia as David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri Pröpper.
By the way, on the feast of Stephen we play Chelsea away - and even if the moon shines brightly that night the lyrics might be a bit tricky... but hopefully the result not cru-el....

thought Propper was very good , yes made mistakes but looked a very good footballer and covers a lot of the pitch. We might not be seeing the best of him as I suspect he is playing too deep. If Kayal does get into the team it won't be at the expense of Propper or Stephens, maybe a move to 433...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stephens woeful, Propper immense.

Agree on the whole but I’d say Stephens was woeful for an hour then suddenly started playing pretty well. Weird performance.

Both didn’t get enough 2nd balls and Cabaye was mopping up everything.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Propper is excellent. as good a signing as Gross, for me.
Have to say we have been lucky that neither he nor Stephens have been injured,during the past few months, with no cover at all.

I don't think either have picke dup many cards either have they? I culd be wrong on that point

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Propper is excellent. as good a signing as Gross, for me.
Have to say we have been lucky that neither he nor Stephens have been injured,during the past few months, with no cover at all.

I don't think either have picke dup many cards either have they? I culd be wrong on that point

Propper has a yellow, Stephens none.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Both very good players.

Would still love us to go back and add Thomas Delaney in January, Bremen are 2nd bottom in Bundesliga...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree with [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], Stephens was absolute gash for an hour, then suddenly looked a different player and for the last half an hour became very influential. I have to say I really do like Davy Propper and am convinced his stock will rise further while he's here.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Stephens form all season has been up and down... one or two games at the Amex I'd say he's been top drawer but games like yesterday he just doesn't look a premier league standard centre mid. It just goes to show the gulf in class between this league and the Championship. Of all our squad last season Stephens was rubber stamped as being more than capable of stepping up.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Both very good players.

Would still love us to go back and add Thomas Delaney in January, Bremen are 2nd bottom in Bundesliga...

So would I, but i'm sure I saw some Spurs interest in him somewhere (and Everton:laugh:). It would allow us to play Propper in what I think is his best position from time to time.

Delaney would provide something we seriously lack at the moment, goals from midfield. He is very good at making runs into the box and a real handful in set pieces.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'll eat humble pie and accept Propper is decent, I slated him in the first few games but now he's looking good.
However, Stephens last night was poor in a couple of areas but I felt Palace overran the midfield to neutralise these two.

Stephens had more space than an Aristocrat's estate when he tried the 'screamer', he should have taken a touch and guided in. That was my main criticism, I sort of felt Palace were desperate to nullify these two and in some way actually prevented themselves getting anything to Zaha or Benteke as a result.

A draw in the grand scheme of things was a fair result.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I still do not understand the love-fest going on regarding Thomas Delaney. I would say he is one of the reasons Werder has been bad this season, he has been slow and clumsy. Kicker.de ratings are also indicating that he hasn't had a great season so far:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...werder-bremen-4/topspieler-saison-verein.html

Yes I know that Duffy was also criminally bad for the Rovers at the beginning of last season but since Delaney just signed for Werder I do not think that the case is similar here.
Delaney has probably been playing better for Denmark but since they qualified for the WC his price tag wouldn't be low even if Bremen got relegated because of his poor play.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I still do not understand the love-fest going on regarding Thomas Delaney. I would say he is one of the reasons Werder has been bad this season, he has been slow and clumsy. Kicker.de ratings are also indicating that he hasn't had a great season so far:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...werder-bremen-4/topspieler-saison-verein.html

Yes I know that Duffy was also criminally bad for the Rovers at the beginning of last season but since Delaney just signed for Werder I do not think that the case is similar here.
Delaney has probably been playing better for Denmark but since they qualified for the WC his price tag wouldn't be low even if Bremen got relegated because of his poor play.

These are the kind of players we need to go for though, ability is there and stock is low. Admittedly I've only seen him play for Denmark recently where he broke up play well and is a handful in the box.

He is a simple passer of the ball, so hopefully his price tag would mean the backwards/sideways pass hating brigade giving him a stay of execution.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The stream I was watching - the commentators raved about Stephens' passing for much of the game. Granted, he made one or two good long passes, but a lot went astray as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here