Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you ever watch the Albion play at the Goldstone

Did yo see the Albion play at The Goldstone?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
My first game there was 1987, my last game there in 1997. Been in all 4 stands - even been in the away end! Me and my brother arrived late for the Tranmere game in 1991 and we POTG as we were going to miss kick off and there was no queue and stood on the east stand. They were alright as well.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
First game in1968, last game was the penultimate game against Carlisle. I'd moved to Kent by then and hadn't been for a while, couldn't belive the state it was in.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Went loads of times, my dad took me when I was a kid and if he was working I would go with neighbours, went with mates when we were old enough.
Stood or sat in all parts of the ground over the years except the Lego stand.
Never forget the place especially watching the team of the late 70s.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
First game in 1981/82 v Norwich won 3-0. My dad never supported Brighton. but took us to the game when he was visiting his mum. I've never lived in Brighton but hooked straight away. Sat in the Lego stand.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
My first game was against Walsall in 1955. Usually stood in the chicken run, but you could walk all round the ground then and we'd often change ends at half time, so we could carry on insulting the opposition goalie.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Bristol Rovers in August 1960, the year before floodlights were installed, stood on a crate behind the perimeter wall on the half way line (East Terrace).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldstone_Ground

6-1 to the Shrimps I think; Adrian Thorne scored at least three, Bill "Hurry" Curry also netted. My dad bought me a lemonade and a packet of crisps at the Exchange in Livingstone Road (where we lived) after the game; had to stay outside on the pavement mind. I don't think the tight bug*er ever bought me another drink apart from at my MSc graduation in 1981.

Yes both you and Mileoakman are absolutely correct, there were no floodlights when I first stood there in 1955, when I was 12 years old and I stayed there until it was fenced off and became an away supporter area. Just used the pylon position to better pinpoint where I watched from for many good years.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Got my first Goldstone West Stand season ticket in 1987. Didn't get a season ticket at the Priestfield but went to 4 or 5 of those 'home games' then had a season ticket at Withdean for all but a couple of seasons before taking taking up the lofted seat in West Stand Upper at the Amex. Now my 3 kids all have Amex season tickets, a different world from 1987 that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
soz, so am i. my cousin andy always joked that the supersub was to be announced.
i was young enough to laugh each time. apologies once again :facepalm:

Hey I apologise enough on this forum, due to not reading threads properly.
Only human, or at least I think so :)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Season ticket holder Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now the Amex

My Goldstone years were mainly spent in the chicken run occasionally in the north, south stands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here