Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election predictions

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree with your sentiments, but for some reason, that reminded me of a quote from one of my all-time favourite films, The Producers - original version.
Don't be stupid, Be a smartie.
Come and join the Nazi Party.
Yeah but in this case you can change nazi with tory

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Don't be a dick, vote anything that means the tories won't win, our future depends on it

But I run my own business and labour have said they will heavily increase taxes on all business profits to pay for their big spending plans. Now why should I work my ass off, help employment etc and then get kicked in the bollox like that?

As a result - I am predicting a blue majority of 91.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
But I run my own business and labour have said they will heavily increase taxes on all business profits to pay for their big spending plans. Now why should I work my ass off, help employment etc and then get kicked in the bollox like that?

Don't you care about all the people earning far less than you but equally working their arse's off that are going to even worse off?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't you care about all the people earning far less than you but equally working their arse's off that are going to even worse off?

It varies, you can't generalise like that.

I've seen the full numbers behind endless businesses. Many businesses pay far better that they could get away with, especially with cheap EU Labour. They care about their staff.

Whilst I've seen others who are making massive profits, lie to staff that times are still hard and take advantage of the post-2008 economic flatness, to rarely or never give pay rises to loyal staff, year after year.

I would say that most business people work hard, long hours and are stressed with the worries, finding it hard to ever switch off.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Me: Who are you voting for tomorrow?

That's a fine speech. Only problem is that last line

Have you forgotten the teachings of your grandparents and their generation?

This is from YouGov's latest which shows the best figures for Labour:
Capture1.jpg

I think maybe you're out of touch with our grandparents' generation.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010

Of course but you seem to think business owners and other rich people should pay for crazy labour spending like they have always done throughout history. With corporation tax and tax on dividends I already pay 50% of profits made - tell me why business owners should pay another 5%?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My prediction- the Tories by 70 seats. My forecast- A divided, isolated and introverted nation. As you were- plus.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Unfortunately a Tory majority 45-50.

However at least Labour won't be used as a scape goat when people realise that our brexit deal is nowhere near as good as the deal we had in the EU.

Nobody will come out of the Brexit negotiations looking good and i'd rather that be the Tories.

Sounds about right to me.

I reckon Lib Dems will sneak Lewes back after a recount

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Tories - yep. She's lost a lot of credibility with the electorate and within her party. The Tories are ruthlessly efficient at getting rid of their leader and a lot of big names have been ominously silent of late.

Labour - I don't think so. Corbyn has played a blinder this election and if anything has further cemented his position as party leader. And McDonnell will fight tooth and nail to persuade him to stay if Corbyn starts having thoughts about resigning.

Lib Dems - I don't think Farron will resign because there's no-one left to replace him. If he does then I reckon it could well be Nick Clegg who takes back his old job.

To be honest, I could almost accept a Tory victory if it meant the demise of May and the return of Nick Clegg. Corbyn has done an amazing job, but not quite good enough. For a few weeks it looked like May was really going to implode, but she got lucky (apologies for the use of that word) with the London Bridge attack....which enabled her to have another last ditch appeal to UKIP and the far-right nutters who will no doubt cement her victory tomorrow.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

You're predicting it because you want it to happen? How does that work? On that basis, I am predicting a top ten finish for the Albion next season.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Prediction: 47 seat Tory overall majority.

But then, I also thought we'd need 92 points to be top two.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I predict a significant proportion of people on NSC won't accept the result as Tory voters didn't know what they were voting for and will argue for a second General Election asap.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I predict a significant proportion of people on NSC won't accept the result as Tory voters didn't know what they were voting for and will argue for a second General Election asap.

Civil war in Burnley JC. The, as yet undefined, dangerous wrath, rising up etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here