*Official - who will we play... IT'S PORT VALE*

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Taxi from Stoke then, looking forward to this

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Well, its officially an absolutely shite draw.

Dull team, Dull Town, Dull Ground and probably a Dull 1-0 win to them :facepalm:

No change of taking anywhere NEAR 1500 - 700 max for this.

Don't think it is a dull ground. Nice to go to old grounds with character rather than the generic bowls.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course, but the buses are (according to Footballgroundguide.com) shite. Taxi sharing sounds a lot like Yeovil too !!

Plenty of cabs in Stoke , split the fare 4 ways and its not all that expensive plus avoids an unreliable bus service.

Jimmy Grimble

A 4 mile cab up North is probably the same fare as it is from Fiveways to Churchill Square. Peanuts when you think of it like that, especially if it's split between 4/5 of you.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why is it going to take 48 hours to sort out ticket details surely the club have made plans already sometime in the last 10 days after all both Plymouth and Vale knew it would be one of them at home. I cannot understand why it can't be announced at 10 am tomorrow

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why is it going to take 48 hours to sort out ticket details surely the club have made plans already sometime in the last 10 days after all both Plymouth and Vale knew it would be one of them at home. I cannot understand why it can't be announced at 10 am tomorrow
Probably pricing. Vale probably want to charge top whack whilst we likely want £10 tickets. Won't make much difference to the attendance figure no matter what the price is.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But why haven't they already sorted this during the last week

I don't think the clubs are able to pre-empt the outcome of a fixture before it has taken place. Now the Plymouth v Port Vale game is over and the result is known the negotiations on ticket pricing can take place.

pilgrimmike1

Feb 22, 2011
Well I guess it wasn't to be but I can take some pleasure in KNOWING that you are just to strong for Port Vale and will kick their ass bad. We should not have lost tonight as I honestly believe we were the better side but when you miss an open goal and miss a penalty it's what tends to happen. No doubt one day our teams will meet again ,it came close but not close enough. Good luck with your cup run but mostly good luck with your promotion push, Plymouth would love to see it happen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well I guess it wasn't to be but I can take some pleasure in KNOWING that you are just to strong for Port Vale and will kick their ass bad. We should not have lost tonight as I honestly believe we were the better side but when you miss an open goal and miss a penalty it's what tends to happen. No doubt one day our teams will meet again ,it came close but not close enough. Good luck with your cup run but mostly good luck with your promotion push, Plymouth would love to see it happen.

We are all looking forward to see Argyle beat Pompey in the last game of the season especially if it sends them down.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Vale Park was planned as the "Wembley of the North" and was worth visiting when it looked like this:

portvalereview.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here