Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] VIZ magazine

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I had no idea this was still going strong. The last time I saw it on sale was about fifteen years ago. An ad popped up offering a Christmas subscription to it. Is Viz still as funny as it used to be? If it's next to the bongo mags then maybe that's why I'm missing it. Sid the Sexist was the funniest character in this great comic IMO.

I did manage to buy Roger's profanisaurus a couple of years ago which is extremely rude. :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A certain poster on this site has had many an entry in Roger's profanisaurus

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It’s not as ‘good’ as it used to be, but that was one of the running jokes in Viz 20 years ago. Worth a quick read of a current one before you commit to a subscription.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Love Viz, especially the ads.
I saw a bloke in his front garden in Dagenham a while back, spitting image of Cockney Wankah, bald, sunglasses, pot belly, tight fitting polyester roll neck top with the chain and everything, still have a giggle about it today.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
clearly not well known amongst younger employees, i've seen it on the shelf along side the kiddies magazines and comics

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I still buy it once a year at Gatwick prior to going on holibobs, along with a bumper bag of Salt & Vinegar Discos - it’s the law

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A certain poster on this site has had many an entry in Roger's profanisaurus

fnarr.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dear Viz. I don't seem to be able to drink enough beer. No matter how much I drink in the evening, when I wake up next morning, I'm still thirsty. :shrug:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I had no idea this was still going strong. The last time I saw it on sale was about fifteen years ago. An ad popped up offering a Christmas subscription to it. Is Viz still as funny as it used to be? If it's next to the bongo mags then maybe that's why I'm missing it. Sid the Sexist was the funniest character in this great comic IMO.

I did manage to buy Roger's profanisaurus a couple of years ago which is extremely rude. :)
I bought it for the first time in about ten years recently and thought it was a bit weak compared to earlier years, but as mentioned elsewhere, that was always the joke.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I bought it for the first time in about ten years recently and thought it was a bit weak compared to earlier years, but as mentioned elsewhere, that was always the joke.

I’d agree. I was an avid reader of it maybe 15 years ago (poss more), very occasionally pick one up now and it’s alright, but doesn’t feel quite the same. Still love the letters page though.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The profanasaurus is a fixture in my loo, every now and then I’ll browse through it and have a good chuckle.
The latest one that’s got me is:

Chip shovels. n. The hands of a fat lass.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Top Tips is like a guide to life. Not sure it will gain the BG royal seal of approval though.

DRIVERS: Avoid getting prosecuted for using your phone while driving. Simply pop your mobile inside a large shell and the police will think you are listening to the sea.

BANGING two pistachio nut shells together gives the' impression a very small horse' is approaching.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You could always buy the 'annual', which is out each Christmas. It's a compilation of the magazines issued that year.

'Check that your fridge light goes out when you close it by drilling a hole in the door'.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Also an avid reader in my younger days and occasionally pick one up now.

Morning all time favourite is an early Roger Mellie. On discussing the name of a new current affairs show, Roger was surprised that Tom didn’t like “Panor -f**king- Rama”

“Ok Tom, let’s keep the name simple. How about c**t?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Kerrangatang - A large hairy heavy metal enthusiast
Turtle Recall - The brief retraction of the turtle’s head whilst enroute to the thunderbox
Rigsby - A no-handed urination of such vigorous release and force that the hands can be safely placed on the hip for its duration

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Liam Gallagher, when singing lower the microphone a bit so that it's level with your mouth. This will reduce unnecessary neck strain.
How you could stop being a **** is beyond me though I'm afraid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here