Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG and CMS

Unless COG is going to be a regular in the starting eleven I think we should sell. He said himself in an interview after the Brentford game he doesn't have the physique to be a bit part player. The reason he looks sharper recently is because he got a few games with Sheffield utd. Once he is sat on the bench again for another month his sharpness/fitness will go and he'll yearn to go back up north again getting games.

He said it was physical sharpness but I wonder if it's really the mental edge. Some players are not cut out psychologically to be squad or support to the first X1 players - their confidence drains away. It would certainly explain O'Grady's dramatic underperformance this season and his highly unusual interview post-Brentford. We'll see but I suspect he is the kind of the guy who needs to be a No 1, which means a move away from here for him given that we are likely (I hope) to replace Bent.

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Sorry but if we are relying on those 3 strikers to keep us up we have no chance - they havent done anything to convince me and plenty others they are nearly good enough. Sami should take some flak of course but our strikers have been abysmal all season, so i would be happy if possible to unload all 3 in the Jan window and bring in 2 PROVEN strikers at Champonship level and not rely on our Lge1 strikeforce!

Not only that, we were relying on them to get us promoted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here