Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy club?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A manager regarding his job as a 'n year project' is seriously deluded. The 'project' thing is a footballing cliche of the worst kind. It's not like building a train set FFS. You won't be given half the time you would like for your 'project' to produce results. You'll be out on your ear in six months matey. The whole 'project' thing is just laughable and thoroughly discredited.

I disagree. He's basically saying judge me in three years once I have learnt about The Championship and got the players I want at the club to play the way I want. Seems sensible to me?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Which is a result of a lack of addressing the weaknesses of the team.

If we had the same budget as pervious years, which TB said we did, then why have we spent nothing equal to what we've spent before. Which SHOULD in turn help with the performance of the team. (Depending on who we spend the money on). ?

In a list, what players do you think need replacing this summer? And are the players who maybe disappointed with the lack of players coming in also on the replacement list?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Maybe they should stfu and do what they are paid to do! I don't like a lot of things in my job but I still turn up and do it properly! Footballers are a bunch of overpaid pussies

Obviously agree. I just can't remember in recent times so many players speaking so negatively about transfer policy in public.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I disagree. He's basically saying judge me in three years once I have learnt about The Championship and got the players I want at the club to play the way I want. Seems sensible to me?

In this day and age of modern football do you think that is a realistic expectation from the manager? 3 years and he still might get it right, that is an awfully long time to wait to see if he can get it right.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Didn't OG say he viewed this as a three year project when he joined approx 8 months ago? Maybe he, Barber & Bloom have a better view of the bigger picture than those shouting 'spend spend spend'? Perhaps that's why they're where THEY are and (some of) the rest of us are getting angry on an internet chat room?

So we had a Poyet five year project and an Oscar three year project. I guessing when Oscar is sacked the new manager will have a two year project ? All these projects are fine and dandy but they shouldn't be based around a managers tenure - if they are then we should have kept Gus.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I said on another thread that I'm surprised Kemy is still here. Bit of a strange scenario, premier league player (who judging by some of the tweets he still gets from some at Swansea was liked there) who can't get in our team and now seemingly not even on the bench when we have no other central midfielder.

It's really strange. For what it's worth I like the look of kemy in his brief appearances so far, he's something completely different to anything else we have in the squad creatively. but oscar clearly doesn't rate him, or something in his game that he wants changing.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
From what I've heard about Kemy's attitude at the club , he bitches and moans about everything.......

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Once everyone has had a good moan about today's result that is basically the truth.

Modern football innit.

Normally I would agree. Personally I think there's something no quite right behind the scenes that is still stemming back from Gus's time at the club. Somewhat of a disconnect between first team squad and coaching staff and Burke/Bloom. I hope I'm wrong.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
In a list, what players do you think need replacing this summer? And are the players who maybe disappointed with the lack of players coming in also on the replacement list?

In answer to your question and bearing in mind the sort of spending we are likely to be making being the Albion, (We are not going to be the biggest spenders), the minimum I would like to hope is:

Bridcutt, (Yes, I know we've got Ince but can he stay consistent for the rest of the season? We, at the very least, need a decent 2nd for this role.)

Crofts. (If Stephens doesn't fill them boots.)

Buckley. (A shell of a player he was when he joined us. And even then, his moments of brilliance were only moments. Generally not consistent enough throughout his Albion career.)

Lopez. (See above with perhaps a little more than just "moments of brilliance")

I'd like to say more, but we clearly ain't a moneybags club...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Part of me says, "be thankful for what we have"....

The other part says "WHY THE HUCK CAN WE NOT SPEND THE MONEY THAT FOREST OR QPR ARE SPENDING ON PLAYERS, GIVEN OUR HOME ATTENDANCES ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP".... FFP IS JUST A HUCKING BULLHIT EXCUSE !!!!

Bear in mind that QPR and Forrest's spending has very little to which their attendances.

FFP or not, we're still losing 8m a year.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There isn't anything that a couple of wins won't put right.

I'm not so sure, there is definitely unrest within the players, the interviews that Bruno and Ward gave were indicative of this, and Kemy's tweets add weight to matter. A lot of fans were unhappy by the apparent lack of investment in the window, we're falling behind in the play off race, we haven't played particularly well all season and there isn't anything to suggest that's about to change.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Get rid of the second best manager the club have ever had.Sell off your best players,but don't re-invest the money and what do you really expect???

Err, he asked to leave 2 months before the end of last season.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Bear in mind that QPR and Forrest's spending has very little to which their attendances.

FFP or not, we're still losing 8m a year.

I guess for the first year of ffp it's all about finding the loopholes.

Haven't we got accountants that can find the loopholes too?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I guess for the first year of ffp it's all about finding the loopholes.

Haven't we got accountants that can find the loopholes too?

Finding the loopholes is all well and good, but someone still has to fund the debts. You can't blame Bloom for wanting to minimise the money he puts in to as little as a cool 8m a year.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
A manager regarding his job as a 'n year project' is seriously deluded. The 'project' thing is a footballing cliche of the worst kind. It's not like building a train set FFS. You won't be given half the time you would like for your 'project' to produce results. You'll be out on your ear in six months matey. The whole 'project' thing is just laughable and thoroughly discredited.

So we had a Poyet five year project and an Oscar three year project. I guessing when Oscar is sacked the new manager will have a two year project ? All these projects are fine and dandy but they shouldn't be based around a managers tenure - if they are then we should have kept Gus.

It may be that Oscar was told that money would not be available for a quick push and that the club was not expecting him to perform miracles in the first season; perhaps he was given some idea of the business plan that wanted him to stabilise things and build gradually over a three year period? Yes - if we look like relegation fodder then he's gone, but we're in a pretty healthy position considering the end of season turmoil, a series of injuries and having lost some of our established players in the transfer window.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
at this moment in time i don't think the majority of unhappiness stems from not spending, it's more to do with the very lacklustre football on display.

Edit. He also said he has an obsession with attacking football ???

this

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The people who are moaning about sacking Poyet are deluding themselves if they think he would be here right now if that hadn't happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here