Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Romain Vincelot

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Interesting article, I am sure that the stereotype of the "thick" footballer is somewhat out of date.

Love to see similar interviews with Calderon (Pschology graduate I think) and Orlandi who, in a programme interview, revealed that his choice of reading was Greek and Roman mythology and that he was studying Law.
Slightly off topic but I'll never forget hearing an interview with Orlandi on 5 live when he mentioned that he couldn't speak English when he joined Swansea. When asked about the quirks of the English language he said that his favourite saying was 'procrastination is the thief of time'. Don't think you'd ever hear something as eloquent from the likes of Rooney, Terry, et al

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Slightly off topic but I'll never forget hearing an interview with Orlandi on 5 live when he mentioned that he couldn't speak English when he joined Swansea. When asked about the quirks of the English language he said that his favourite saying was 'procrastination is the thief of time'. Don't think you'd ever hear something as eloquent from the likes of Rooney, Terry, et al

I think he copied that from Jimmy Bullard.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think the NSC Brexit boys would fine plenty. Thick frog-eaters coming over here and telling us what we should and shouldn't do. Send him back! End free movement! Britain for the Brits!

Nothing wrong with Brighton,Shoreham Gatwick and Newhaven however :lolol: :jester:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting article, I am sure that the stereotype of the "thick" footballer is somewhat out of date.

Love to see similar interviews with Calderon (Pschology graduate I think) and Orlandi who, in a programme interview, revealed that his choice of reading was Greek and Roman mythology and that he was studying Law.

I remember reading something about Graeme Le Saux a few years ago where he said that most of his team-mates thought he was gay because he read the Guardian and collected antiques.

Nothing wrong with a bit of culture.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well hang on a minute, the only thing that interested Brighton & Hove Albion, was his ability on the football pitch, not his IQ or his choice of reading matierial

A good performer in the lower divisions, but the Championship is a bridge too far l think. .

I thought he played well for us when he played. He could have played more in the 2nd tier imo, sometimes about the right opportunity at the right time.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I remember reading something about Graeme Le Saux a few years ago where he said that most of his team-mates thought he was gay because he read the Guardian and collected antiques.

You've got to admit though, it is quite a strong indicator. I mean I neither read the Guardian or collect antiques and I'm an avowed heterosexual.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Allegedly he was extremely well endowed, and I'm not talking about his brain power!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He played well for us. I remember clearly the 3-1 win away at Cardiff in our luminous green shirts when Poyet picked a wingless team with Bridcutt, Dicker, Vincelot and Sparrow in the middle, with Vincelot playing behind the front two in a kind of advanced defensive midfielder role. He harrassed their own deep-lying midfielders so well and effectively that I thought that Gus had come up with a whole new way of playing (!), I certainly hadn't seen that tactic, and it really was a wonderful performance from the lad

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That doesn't even make any sense, aside from being the only joke on here more tedious than Ernest.

Half of the time it doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, enjoyed that, cheers OP.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Wasn't the sending off v Burnley the beginning of the end for him here?

Yes, I think that's what ended it for him here.
Weird way to be pushed out of a team, and of course he kept putting his shoulder out, which was alluded to in the article. So maybe that didn't help either?
Always thought he was a player who did the job with aplomb, and played pretty well wherever he was put.
Sounds like his career has a few more years yet in the English game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Loved his header from roughly outside of the box at the Amex. Think it was against Coventry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here