Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Does anyone use one of the 'small' suppliers for gas & electric

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have just been on two of the comparison sites and the best savings are either USIO, LUMO or Green network energy. The saving is £100 over one of the bigger companies , EON who I switched to last year. Does anyone have any experience of using them for both gas & electricity and has anything good or bad to say about their service.

Thanks for all the helpful comments that I know this thread will get.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Yes. My partner and I use Bulb. They are great, although I'll let you do your own research to see if it's right for you. I dare say that if you wanted to sign up with my referral link, both you and I would get a fifty quid bonus in our account (PM if you're keen).

I'll add that they only do variable tariffs, and they don't as yet offer SMART meter services. They also recently emailed to say that prices will increase by a whole 3% to deal with increased wholesale costs at their end. They promised to reduce the rates once wholesale costs decrease in the future.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Yes. My partner and I use Bulb. They are great, although I'll let you do your own research to see if it's right for you. I dare say that if you wanted to sign up with my referral link, both you and I would get a fifty quid bonus in our account (PM if you're keen).

I'll add that they only do variable tariffs, and they don't as yet offer SMART meter services. They also recently emailed to say that prices will increase by a whole 3% to deal with increased wholesale costs at their end. They promised to reduce the rates once wholesale costs decrease in the future.

Another vote for bulb - I've found them to be good so far and they are 100% renewable. Since TJC got in there first, he should get first dibs on the referral link!

I would add that they will pay any buyout from your current supplier.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Just renewed with Iresa, haven't had any problems but I did read something the other day about them having lots of complaints about people not being able to get hold of them.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just google 'best energy suppliers', the small companies usually come out well. I can personally vouch for Ovo.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Another vote for Bulb. Really good communication and a decent green agenda

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Yep I use Zog & Robin Hood! Cant fault either, simple switch over and never had any real reason to contact them tbh so just cracked on paying the heavily reduced DDs!! That reminds me actually that I need to look and see if any cheaper around at mo!!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I work for one of them in Brighton Marina......happy to discuss!!

Jan 30, 2008
yep i use zog & robin hood! Cant fault either, simple switch over and never had any real reason to contact them tbh so just cracked on paying the heavily reduced dds!! That reminds me actually that i need to look and see if any cheaper around at mo!!
why not by pass the meter :facepalm:
regards
DR

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
If you have a smart meter and decide to switch happens with the meter, do the current providers remove it?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
^^ And no exit fees either with Bulb. Free to leave, whenever you want (literally).

Last I looked, they'll pay your exit fee if you have one for your old provider, too.

Just google 'best energy suppliers', the small companies usually come out well. I can personally vouch for Ovo.

I'm just in the process of switching away from Ovo to Bulb. Ovo were good, but their prices have drifted higher since I joined them and they've mishandled their Smart Meter roll out. Taken them a year to sort it out, but by then it was too late to stop me leaving.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Just switched to Lumo.

Didn't do any research just went with the cheapest. They can't really get it wrong, can they?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've been using Ovo and very happy with easy to use website. Provide monthly readings so always an accurate bill rather than estimated. Will probably review the market when current deal runs out but no complaints so far. Even managed to get £50 back to my bank account when too much surplus had built up.

Jan 30, 2008
If you have a smart meter and decide to switch happens with the meter, do the current providers remove it?
only if you pay for a new one ???, that's the problem with smart meters they're normally set up with your current provider , change supplier and there's a high chance it wont transmit the reads to your new provider but they probably wont tell you that , (COUGH)
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here