Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kazenga Lua Lua: post-Albion

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What a player he was. He hit the hardest shot I've ever seen in the flesh, that thunderbolt against Brentford (?Bournemouth?) at Withdean, the first goal in that highlights reel above. Just smashed it, what a goal that was.

And then he faded in and out with injuries, before that cameo third of a season a couple of years back. If he's stayed fit then, we may not have signed Knockaert

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Will always be remembered for his efforts. As has been said before, when he was good he was completely unplayable...sadly those times became less and less. Hope he regains some of his past form and does the job for them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The sort of player you could make a stunning YouTube showreel of. And I don’t mean that fully negatively.

Never quite realised his potential for me, his raw ability was some way ahead of his decision making at times. I always felt that ankle break at Hartlepool changed him as a player for the worse.

Good luck Kaz, some very fond memories.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This takes us down to 24 players just 6 days before the window shuts.

It is quite common at the albion for an outgoing to be followed by an incoming very soon afterwards...

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Hope it works out for him. Gets him the length of the country away from Charlie Oatways daughter and Charlie Oatway! No bad thing.

They split up ages ago. She's now with Aaran Chalmers from Geordie Shore, classy bird!

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
In one way good to get off pay roll. however sad to see him go,always did his best,shame injuries wrecked his stay. Thank you for entertainment shown when fit ,good luck,good luck in your move

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion have reached an agreement with Kazenga LuaLua to cancel his contract with immediate effect. The winger is now set to join Sunderland on a free transfer.

The 27-year-old was one of Albion’s longest-serving players after joining the club on a permanent basis in 2011, and will now link up with Chris Coleman’s Championship side on Wearside.

Albion boss Chris Hughton said, “The competition for places in our wide areas means that it has been very difficult for Kazenga to play the number of matches he would have liked here.

“He has worked tremendously hard during his time with us and has played a major part in the club’s history. I would like to wish him all the very best for the future on behalf of everyone at the club.”

LuaLua leaves the club after making a total of 183 appearances, scoring 22 goals for the club, the last of which came in a 4-2 win over Oxford United in the EFL Cup back in August 2016.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I hadn't realised he was still only 27, still enough time to turn a corner and play to his peak for a few more years. Good luck Kaz thanks for the memories.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Could still rip up lower Champ/League One if given confidence and games.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Oh go on then. Good luck Kaz :thumbsup:

[YT]84DvWBzGFjA[/YT]

Watching that video reminded me of our first home game v forest of the 15/16 season when he scored and I thought 'siht, we look like a proper team again'. Kazenga was integral to that great start to the season and starting the journey that ended where we are now.

Good luck that man!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Deal completed:

Sunderland have completed the permanent signing of Kazenga LuaLua on a short-term deal.

The 27-year-old winger joins from Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion on a contract until the end of the 2017-18 season.

LuaLua began his career with Newcastle United before loan spells with Doncaster Rovers and Brighton.

He joined the south-coast club permanently in 2011, making over 100 appearances before two separate loan spells with Queens Park Rangers in the last year.

Speaking about the signing, Sunderland manager Chris Coleman said: “Kaz was determined to come here and get playing first-team football again and I look forward to helping him play the kind of football he is capable of.

“He’s quick, skillful and has a lot of experience at this level. He gives us another option in attack and, most importantly, is up for the fight.”

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here