Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player kit sponsorship price rise

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed, last season I paid £950 to sponsor Paddy McCourt. Unfortunately I was working abroad the day of the sponsor meal, so some friends went instead. By all accounts an amazing time was had by all, the players were fantastic and a credit to themselves and the club (again Kemy mentioned in dispatches) and everyone left with a smile on their face.

If the players want to spend one less evening with a bunch of us lot I fully understand, but what I don't appreciate is the club trying to claim we're getting an enhanced deal for an extra £200 when all I see is a dilution.

If the tickets for the awards dinner are £80 (I thought they were nearer £100) then the £200 increase has paid for the evening. The club are doing away with something the fans really enjoyed. A decrease in benefit for more money.

This is the most upsetting thing about the whole saga.

The old scheme ensured that a group of mates could club together and sponsor a player (NSC, NSP, etc etc), knowing that they will have a few hours with that player in the relaxed surroundings of the sponsors dinner. I've been to a few, as a sponsor and as an NSC draw winner and the evenings are brilliant. The players love them as well, because they actually like talking to 'proper' fans, believe it or not. It will now be the preserve of those (companies) who pay the money as a tax dodge, rather than fans who pay because they love the club.

With a 25 man squad, the difference in revenue is what, £6/7,000. Is it really worth it, to further alienate the fans in the pursuit of the corporate dollar.

Pretty poor from the club, IMO

I'm not disagreeing with anything you, El Pres or others have said about this change but I'm struggling to see how sponsoring some BHA player kit can be regarded as a legitimate business expense. Perhaps there's some low level advertising value in it somewhere but nothing near the cost; surely it's just attempted tax evasion and no half decent accountancy firm is going to let this through?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Never again will we see the likes of this collection of freaks, weirdos and ne'er do wells, mixing with the fans

023.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here