Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Derby County ****Official Match Thread****

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Couple of points:

As stated many times above - they had ONE shot on target and that was the PENALTY. This indicates we defended well against one of the most free-scoring attacks in the division - good work.

Several have complained about the 3rd sub being held back too long. I think OG was being cautious as Ward was carrying a knock as well as both full backs being on a yellow. If we'd lost either of them in the last 15-20 mins I suspect OG would have wanted to sacrifice a midfielder / striker to bring on Chicksen or Dunk - so maybe wise to hold that final sub back until 82 mins given the circumstances?

We know we are a decent side away from home - we start on Sunday a goal down - critical we do NOT concede first. An early goal for us to level things up will maybe give them the jitters.

Keep the faith ....

This x 1000

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Optimism time. We are still in this. Derby were no better than us tonight. We are pretty much as good away as we are at home (37 points at home and 35 away this season) and we have now lost to Derby three times. The law of averages says we must win the return.

Come on!!! We're gonna DO this!
This.

If I was a gambling man I'd go BIG on a Brighton win at Derby.

:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] needs to pull out the stats to allow us to make an informed choice.

Meanwhile, an official NSC statement read:
We'd like to thank Everest sincerely for his massive contribution to NSC and Brighton & Hove Albion, and wish him well in the future

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] needs to pull out the stats to allow us to make an informed choice.

Meanwhile, an official NSC statement read:

Perseus has started three match threads and one curse masquerading as a "pre-match" thread. All four have resulted in a failure to win. Three of them, including Wednesday's abomination had a poll. I think it is wrong to lay the blame on everest when it quite clearly lays with Perseus, who ignored all the criticism after his Hull (h) match thread (with a god damned poll) to start another thread with a poll for the embarrassment that was Hull (a).

He kept quiet for a while, but popped up on wednesday with a stupid "pre-match thread" with accompanying poll. He needs to be stopped. As soon as I saw it, I knew we wouldn't win. http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-vs-Derby-County-*****-Pre-match-Thread-*****

Mods need to take action. Ban him, revoke his thread starting abilities, whatever. Just stop him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perseus has started three match threads and one curse masquerading as a "pre-match" thread. All four have resulted in a failure to win. Three of them, including Wednesday's abomination had a poll. I think it is wrong to lay the blame on everest when it quite clearly lays with Perseus, who ignored all the criticism after his Hull (h) match thread (with a god damned poll) to start another thread with a poll for the embarrassment that was Hull (a).

He kept quiet for a while, but popped up on wednesday with a stupid "pre-match thread" with accompanying poll. He needs to be stopped. As soon as I saw it, I knew we wouldn't win. http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-vs-Derby-County-*****-Pre-match-Thread-*****

Mods need to take action. Ban him, revoke his thread starting abilities, whatever. Just stop him.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION], [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] - are you reading?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Whitelion remains top, with 2.33 "points" per game.

Everest is joint second on 2.00 ppg, tied with Glasfryn and dadams2k11, but has the best goals scored per game at 2.00.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here