Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match Of The Day 01/12/18 - Official Thread

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Two equally matched teams, so no giant killing. We're on MOTD every week, so lower league teams are always going to be shown first as the FA Cup all the BBC have left.

What seemed odd was the short highlights package that the BBC put out earlier not only showed more of the game, but also had commentary.

You wouldn't expect MoTD to show less football and add a wierd afterthought of a voice over.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just a fraction under 60 seconds coverage, in a 100 minute show. Oh well. I guess they are busy.

At least we got to see extended highlights of Man Utd going through the motions against Reading. So there's that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It started with the biggest upsets and moved down. *

If Bournemouth had beaten us if would have been slightly higher. :thumbsup:

* MUFC has special dispensation not to abide by this rule.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It started with the biggest upsets and moved down. *

If Bournemouth had beaten us if would have been slightly higher. :thumbsup:

Not so. Eve v Linc, Chel v Forest, Tran v Spurs weren't upsets. They even had Burnley v Barnsley and Palarse v Grimsby before our game.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not surprised ...... look how many of us said 'meh' when the tie was drawn out. Now all of a sudden we expect MoTD to treat it as a plum match ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not so. Eve v Linc, Chel v Forest, Tran v Spurs weren't upsets. They even had Burnley v Barnsley and Palarse v Grimsby before our game.

All more interesting to your average fan than two evenly matched mid table Premier League clubs fielding their B team surely?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Just a fraction under 60 seconds coverage, in a 100 minute show. Oh well. I guess they are busy.

At least we got to see extended highlights of Man Utd going through the motions against Reading. So there's that.
You can see more if you watch the highlights on the BBC website, 3 mins or so I think it was.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All more interesting to your average fan than two evenly matched mid table Premier League clubs fielding their B team surely?

If we'd had a 1-0 home win against Barnsley or Grimsby, I'd be amazed if it was shown before a game with four goals between, say, Watford and West Ham.

The fact there wasn't even any commentary (apart from the Bournemouth goal!) was just taking the p*ss. It's only because it's 'little old Brighton'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we'd had a 1-0 home win against Barnsley or Grimsby, I'd be amazed if it was shown before a game with four goals between, say, Watford and West Ham.

The fact there wasn't even any commentary (apart from the Bournemouth goal!) was just taking the p*ss. It's only because it's 'little old Brighton'.

That's beginning to sound like an inferiority complex.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

This. Can’t believe how precious we are about Match of the Day every week.

We’re 2 pretty insignificant sides to the majority of football fans and it was 2 reserve sides from the same division, playing in the third round of a cup competition that is not taken seriously any more, not exactly inspiring. If it was Watford 2 Leicester 2 it wouldn’t have even entered my radar.

They showed the goals and Dublin commented about how much we controlled the game, that was enough for me.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It was only a couple of years ago (when we put out a full reserve side against Lincoln during our promotion campaign) that Gabby Logan suggested Brighton fans might live to regret that, as if to say we'd be starry-eyed at the prospect of playing a PL club. This was 10 mins before they showed Newcastle (her "team") putting out a reserve side against lower league oppostion, and losing. That was ok though.

So it's hardly surprising.

I remember that, we'll regret missing the chance of playing against a glamorous Premier League team (Burnley) because of this? No Gabby, I think you'll find we were top of the championship, 9 points clear of 2nd place and might have been concentrating on maintaining that gap to 2nd to ensure we played all of the Premier league teams next year, twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here