Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Boys can have periods say Brighton & Hove city council

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes. An eight year old boy dresses up in a dress. By the time he is nine, he wouldn't be seen dead doing anything girls do. All children go through phases, but are schools going to label children because of it? Are they required to flag up children?

Why on earth would they label children because of it? Are they required to flag up children who might be gay?

I don't know the in ins and outs of the process of becoming transgender but I would bet my bottom dollar that the answer to both your questions is 'no'. the reason I think this is because to do either would be absurd and completely illogical. I know we like to believe that local governments and the education system are both of those things but really?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why on earth would they label children because of it?

how would they know how many transgender toilets to provide otherwise?

question is rhetorical and provocative, but think about it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
because its complicated, probably not really well understood by teachers and they are forced to go down a path of teaching things that arent so. case in point here, that "boys" can have periods. no they cant, its simply false which ever way you look at it. if adults struggle to with the subtle differences of transgenderism, fail to be consistent on gender!=sex and tightrope of sexuality, how on earth are primary age suppose to. just teach them it doesn't matter, then get back to reading and maths.

I am pretty sure that most primary school teachers can get their heads around the fact that women who have undergone the transition to being men will still have periods and therefore many need products and services associated with them.

I am really not sure why this is so tricky?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
how would they know how many transgender toilets to provide otherwise?

question is rhetorical and provocative, but think about it.

I would expect them to get said data from the consesus and/or doctors rather than if their primary school sports teacher heard them saying they like to wear a dress.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why on earth would they label children because of it? Are they required to flag up children who might be gay?

I don't know the in ins and outs of the process of becoming transgender but I would bet my bottom dollar that the answer to both your questions is 'no'. the reason I think this is because to do either would be absurd and completely illogical. I know we like to believe that local governments and the education system are both of those things but really?

Transgender is not gay.
Yes I do believe the local government is illogical.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Transgender is not gay.
Yes I do believe the local government is illogical.

I was making a comparison. Can you explain why you think that teachers should be required to 'flag' students they consider to possible be transgender?

Apart from beorhthelm's reason that they need to know how many trasngender toilets to provide.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was making a comparison. Can you explain why you think that teachers should be required to 'flag' students they consider to possible be transgender?

Apart from beorhthelm's reason that they need to know how many trasngender toilets to provide.

Teachers are required to flag children full stop. Signs of abuse, signs of special needs etc

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm clearly being wooshed here people. I hold my hands up you got me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Teachers are required to flag children full stop. Signs of abuse, signs of special needs etc

That doesn't answer the question but I'll let you know when mandatory reporting stretches to gender identity.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I am pretty sure that most primary school teachers can get their heads around the fact that women who have undergone the transition to being men will still have periods and therefore many need products and services associated with them.

I am really not sure why this is so tricky?

or they may fall in to same trap you have, thinking that having some of the transition procedure to become a man, but leaving the quintessentially woman organs in place, makes you a man because you say you are. and herein lies one major problem with transgenderism.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Nothing surprises me anymore. They talk about transgender children as if it's perfectly normal.

As Ben Shapiro would say, why are we mainstreaming delusion?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nothing surprises me anymore. They talk about transgender children as if it's perfectly normal.

As Ben Shapiro would say, why are we mainstreaming delusion?

They used to tie my mothers left hand to her belt loop to teach her to use her right one. Why? Because being left handed wasn't normal.
They also used to tell the teachers to ignore her when she was having fits as she was just 'attention seeking' Why? because being eplileptic wasn't normal.
I have fought and fought my aspergers boys corner throughout his schooling because some people thought his behaviour wasn't normal.

the thing about 'normal' is that it is a transient concept that differs throughout time and cultures. It also differs within cultures and between communities, families and even individuals.

Teachers are there to teach children about the world around them and in these more enlightened times we understand that some people's normal is being left handed, being epileptic, being autistic or being gay. The transgender issue is just another type of normal that we need to get our heads around. I don't claim to understand the ins and outs of it in any detail but if this is peoples 'normal' then so be it. Good luck to them.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
They used to tie my mothers left hand to her belt loop to teach her to use her right one. Why? Because being left handed wasn't normal.
They also used to tell the teachers to ignore her when she was having fits as she was just 'attention seeking' Why? because being eplileptic wasn't normal.
I have fought and fought my aspergers boys corner throughout his schooling because some people thought his behaviour wasn't normal.

the thing about 'normal' is that it is a transient concept that differs throughout time and cultures. It also differs within cultures and between communities, families and even individuals.

Teachers are there to teach children about the world around them and in these more enlightened times we understand that some people's normal is being left handed, being epileptic, being autistic or being gay. The transgender issue is just another type of normal that we need to get our heads around. I don't claim to understand the ins and outs of it in any detail but if this is peoples 'normal' then so be it. Good luck to them.

Soon you'll be saying this is 'normal' too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tart-new-life-as-a-six-year-old-a6769051.html

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If that is what she wants to do, what business is it of mine? Yep thats her normal and it means she is not trying to commit suicide anymore. Good luck to her.

Can there not be a teeny weeny bit of difference between accepted normal and 'her normal'???
I perceive it, perhaps you don't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Can there not be a teeny weeny bit of difference between accepted normal and 'her normal'???
I perceive it, perhaps you don't.

Takes all sorts to make a world. As the french say Vive la difference.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
normal. adjective. Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

you dont get to redefine "normal" to mean anything you say to avoid hurting peoples feelings. someone changing gender and living as a child is not usual, typical or expected, it is not normal. use another word. if we stop assuming "not normal" is offensive and accept normal is simply observation, then prehaps we wouldnt have to go through these contortions in the first place.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We are now expected to accept behaviour as normal when it isn't. Acceptance of a persons individual wishes is different and should be respected.

Since the beginning of the human race the "elders" have dictated their wants on the rest, whether it be from a religious, political or social view. Now there's a wave of acceptance of views which are not in the main considered normal but get status through not wishing to question these behaviours. If, if a child shows signs of transgender etc of course he/she should be accepted for who they are. While on another thread most agree a 13 year old offered sex by his teacher is blatantly wrong, not just her being predatory but that he is a immature person unable to comprehend fully the situation. Yet we are now happy for a child in primary school to decide their gender without question.

There's parents, often of same sex bringing their children up as non-gender, all they are doing is exactly what the "elders" were doing, if you are told from a young impressionable age you are this, that or the other then that's what you will tend to become. A very dangerous situation if you ask me.

The innocence of childhood is being eroded.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If that is what she wants to do, what business is it of mine? Yep thats her normal and it means she is not trying to commit suicide anymore. Good luck to her.

It is not bloody normal! The definition of normal is 'usual''to be expected''ordinary''common'. It is none of those things when a forty something man chooses to restart life as a female child. It may be illness, it maybe a lifestyle choice, it maybe something else, it is not normal. And the ridiculous idiots who keep trying to redefine what is normal should be exposed as the self serving, agenda chasing, publicity hungry twunts that they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here