Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday suggestions Marrakesh or Athens.....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've just checked the hotel we stayed at in Glyfada. It was the Emmantina. I can recommend it.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Sure it was where I stayed with my daughter a couple of years ago when we were in Athens. Good location, close to the Acropolis, but if you aren't keen on climbing steps I wouldn't stay here as you are at the top of a hill !! Fairly quiet area, though but short walk to plenty of nice restaurants. Room was nice with balcony and had great views down over the city. Tiny pool, and only a few sunbeds, but we were usually out most of the day so didn't really matter. Delphi was fantastic for a day trip

Thanks nice to hear from someones whos actually stayed at the hotel.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I've just checked the hotel we stayed at in Glyfada. It was the Emmantina. I can recommend it.

Stayed there many times and it’s friendly and reasonable. Right on the main road and a cat had been totalled by the traffic outside last time I checked in, but it’s got a great rooftop bar.

Athens is tatty chaotic dirty and amazing. In any straight choice of one or another European city it would have to be something pretty special to trump Athens if that was one option.

Thessaloniki is lovely but if you were going to the UK for a one off holiday you wouldn’t go to Newcastle instead of London would you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here