Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Oh Well,

20 Months after the vote and no sign of any trade negotiations outside of the EU even beginning
8th December 1st phase agreement now being put into legislation (Here For those who have forgotten)
Announcement this week of what we are actually going to ask of the EU on trading
No agreement on extension/implementation period
And 13 months to go

Next few weeks could be interesting

Tick f***ing Tock indeed :lolol:
annoying isn't it ... TICK TOCK ,TICK TOCK
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
I doubt Mogg and Bozo the clown will be opening a packet of cheese and onion , just the poor MUGS who believed them and want BREXIT

[tweet]968422910280036352[/tweet]

labourpartymarxists.org.uk/guide-for-new-labour-party-members/
abourpartymarxists.org.uk/
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm genuinely beginning to worry that the guy lives in some sort of parallel universe.

I will agree that nicko31 comes across as a bit strange,but I do think that's a bit harsh.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I watched Liam Fox also.... Impressive, I thought. He set out a good case .... taking a long view- the future is global.

https://www.liamfox.co.uk/news/dr-fox-mail-sunday

Pity his website says the opposite of his current view

What should be done? I believe that the best way forward is for Britain to renegotiate a new relationship with the European Union – one based on an economic partnership involving a customs union and a single market in goods and services.

What a wally Liam...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
https://www.liamfox.co.uk/news/dr-fox-mail-sunday

Pity his website says the opposite of his current view

What should be done? I believe that the best way forward is for Britain to renegotiate a new relationship with the European Union – one based on an economic partnership involving a customs union and a single market in goods and services.

What a wally Liam...

Good old Dr Fox - it should be the easiest trade deal in history, don't forget.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
annoying isn't it ... TICK TOCK ,TICK TOCK
regards
DR

Far from annoying, it's the only amusing thing about Brexit. You and Two Profs merrily tick tocking away with no idea

inspector-clouseau-bomb.jpg

Whilst it gradually becomes clear to everyone else what is going to happen over the next few months.

That and seeing you trying and failing to post a link :lolol:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good old Dr Fox - it should be the easiest trade deal in history, don't forget.

His speech suggests not much has changed further to the Chequers meeting. It will do nothing to calm Tory rebels, the civil war continues

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Far from annoying, it's the only amusing thing about Brexit. You and Two Profs merrily tick tocking away with no idea

View attachment 94585

Whilst it gradually becomes clear to everyone else what is going to happen over the next few months.

You post a picture of Inspector Clouseau? Us Brexiteers and Clouseau have a lot in common.People who think they are clever take the p**s,but who always ends up winning?Clouseau wins every time and the 'clever' people ,like Dreyfuss end up where they belong,the asylum.Tick-tock,tick-tock,tick-tock indeed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You post a picture of Inspector Clouseau? Us Brexiteers and Clouseau have a lot in common.People who think they are clever take the p**s,but who always ends up winning?Clouseau wins every time and the 'clever' people ,like Dreyfuss end up where they belong,the asylum.Tick-tock,tick-tock,tick-tock indeed.

Do you want to try that again ? :lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I concur. But you must agree, if we are in 15 years time EU members, we would almost certainly be in a better position if we remained, rather than left and came back.
I get the sense (when you are posting your true thoughts, and not just your wind up stuff) that you are hopeful, rather than certain that Brexit would be an economic success. I also get the sense that being a little bit better or worse off economically is not what concerns you with Brexit, but I can't work out what it really is you want, what it is that for you, will mean Brexit was a success? I don't mean the no ECJ rules, or control of immigration, I mean what will be different materially about Britain?

Bit of a rock/ hard place comparison from my perspective and a pointless one as we are leaving.

Yes as I have stated previously after the uncertainty (caused by the exit process) has come to an end I doubt anyone will be able to show any significant difference in our economic performance. We will still be one of the largest economies in the world trading with the EU while having greater freedom and flexibility to exploit the opportunities in rapid global growth (90% ? outside of Europe). To put it another way, the same status as numerous other countries that prosper and do perfectly well.

Taking back more control and democratic accountability, ending our gradual absorption (by stealth) into the EU project of ever closer union, (beyond a point of no return) is exactly what I wanted. A success no matter what comes after we leave.

Our post-Brexit Governments will have more powers, fewer excuses (no more blaming the EU) and will be directly answerable to the UK electorate. This is a material improvement as is not being the last reluctant carriage of the EU Express stuck on a one way track, destination... ever closer union.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"More venture capital investment in tech companies in London this year than in the whole of Germany, France, Spain and Ireland put together."

#despitebrexit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here