Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Complacency

Not complacent - we just made mistakes for the goals because our players are not flawless. Overall I thought we were playing as well as we did on Saturday just alas against a team that's much better

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All that's going through my head is the word complacency.

Two words going through my mind. Superb. Strikes.

One by Bruno, one by Murray. On another day, one or both would have gone in and the board would look completely different tonight.

Instead, we're talking about that crappy freak of an equaliser.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
not complacent we just never got the second goal despite having the best chances darlow made 4 saves to my knowledge and one off the line they got a flukey goal then a great bit of football from them to win but we still in a great position with most of the top half sides out the way now I can still see us winning it let lone second

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Watched on Sky with lots of pro Brighton other team supporters several hundred miles away tonight. Was telling and interesting to hear opinions obviously. But yes, this word was ringing in my head and was mentioned by the aforementioned. We looked like we thought just turning up was enough. Christ do we need to toughen up and learn a lot quicker. As one pointed out, hardly any are young and good enough to compete in the Premier. Sorry but that includes Monsieur Knocky. There's a vast difference. One thing these neutrals couldn't understand was why Solly March and Hemed didn't feature. Especially when Murray was poor and March is such an impact sub. They'd all heard of both and I have to say Big Chris appears to have got the game plan wrong again. These two should have been on a lot earlier.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
not complacent we just never got the second goal despite having the best chances darlow made 4 saves to my knowledge and one off the line they got a flukey goal then a great bit of football from them to win but we still in a great position with most of the top half sides out the way now I can still see us winning it let lone second
come on...their goal was fluky sure but boy was it overdue and some. And our penalty was a bit 'lite'. Newcastle bossed the game from just after our goal. We got nothing because we deserved nothing. We showed small club mentality in awe at a big one. Our control of the ball was League 2 comedy of errors stuff. Why we were so shit is hard to fathom. But we were pony tonight and the toon army deserved their victory in spades.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Here are some words:

One
Game
At
A
Time.

Here are some more:

Chill
The
Feck
Out.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Spot on.

Going into tonight's game we were one in front of Newcastle and six in front of Huddersfield, having just made two points on both of them at the weekend.

If we can get a win at Forest on Saturday we will either be back to one in front of Newcastle and six in front of Huddersfield, or two behind Newcastle but nine in front of Huddersfield, or level with Newcastle and eight in front of Huddersfield. Tonight's second half performance wasn't great, but it would have probably been enough against a lot of teams in this division. Even if we lose to Forest we will still be averaging more than two points a game over the season. Huddersfield have yet to prove they can do the same. If we keep up our season's form they will have to exceed 92 points to overtake us.

The last thing this group is is complacent. No team in the Championship can win all the time, things will go wrong for everyone at some point. As I heard Murray say on the radio coming home, by Thursday, this game will be out of their heads and they will look to do what they need to do to win the next game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Two words going through my mind. Superb. Strikes.

One by Bruno, one by Murray. On another day, one or both would have gone in and the board would look completely different tonight.

Instead, we're talking about that crappy freak of an equaliser.
which only occur when you choose to defend for 80% of the match. Arguably it wasn't a fluke. It was likely to happen when you can't trap, pass and sit back for almost the entire game. Newcastle deserved their victory tonight. And some. I'm actually embarrassed we went into the match top and on home turf and put in a performance like that. It was almost vintage Albion. Cometh the big match, cometh the cluster****. Same old same old. Big matches? We just ain't up to 'em. Players turn to shit and can't handle the pressure. Since 1901...it's our clubs DNA. Sure we'll bounce back against Forest. But only because it's not a big match. The eyes of the world won't be watching so we should be ok!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Spot on.

Going into tonight's game we were one in front of Newcastle and six in front of Huddersfield, having just made two points on both of them at the weekend.

If we can get a win at Forest on Saturday we will either be back to one in front of Newcastle and six in front of Huddersfield, or two behind Newcastle but nine in front of Huddersfield, or level with Newcastle and eight in front of Huddersfield. Tonight's second half performance wasn't great, but it would have probably been enough against a lot of teams in this division. Even if we lose to Forest we will still be averaging more than two points a game over the season. Huddersfield have yet to prove they can do the same. If we keep up our season's form they will have to exceed 92 points to overtake us.

The last thing this group is is complacent. No team in the Championship can win all the time, things will go wrong for everyone at some point. As I heard Murray say on the radio coming home, by Thursday, this game will be out of their heads and they will look to do what they need to do to win the next game.
yes, but in our mini league of three we're third. And that ain't good enough.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We looked like we thought just turning up was enough.
One thing these neutrals couldn't understand was why Solly March and Hemed didn't feature. Especially when Murray was poor and March is such an impact sub.

No we didn't. We made mistakes, but didn't take anything for granted.

I couldn't understand why Murray wasn't substituted, but the we had to bring Tomori on so early, it limited our subs, later on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
which only occur when you choose to defend for 80% of the match. Arguably it wasn't a fluke. It was likely to happen when you can't trap, pass and sit back for almost the entire game. Newcastle deserved their victory tonight. And some. I'm actually embarrassed we went into the match top and on home turf and put in a performance like that. It was almost vintage Albion. Cometh the big match, cometh the cluster****. Same old same old. Big matches? We just ain't up to 'em. Players turn to shit and can't handle the pressure. Since 1901...it's our clubs DNA. Sure we'll bounce back against Forest. But only because it's not a big match. The eyes of the world won't be watching so we should be ok!!

Would be interested to hear what the Sky pundits thought of our performance tonight. I'd be very surprised if their assessment was as harsh as some of our own.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Newcastle do the double over us, Blackburn do the double over Newcastle and we're poised to do the double over Blackburn. 46 games, 138 points. We're still in good shape.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Silly comment. One that a Palace fan would come out with.
No, he just likes being cynical and ironic.

Silly comment? I have never met an Albion fan that constantly slags the whole club and team off time and time again when times are so good! He must be a very strange individual if his heart is with the Albion yet slags them off 99% of the time in threads/posts during our finest season in about 30 years! I can only understand that logic if someone supported a second team (like Spurs or Chelsea)

Just likes being cynical/Ironic? Sounds liek a sad old **** to me!

A mate of yours?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Would be interested to hear what the Sky pundits thought of our performance tonight. I'd be very surprised if their assessment was as harsh as some of our own.
the pundits included Rob Lee though. He was hardly swinging for us. A more biased opinion at HT there wasn't. Of course he was magnanimous at FT. Had Newcastle lost, I'm not so sure. We deserved to lose and it was an awful performance. But we move on. Hopefully...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here