Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was horrendous - we should be embarrassed!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I foresee a 12th place finish, with Newcastle who collapsed at Oxford, just behind us in13th.

Wolves won at Liverpool, and must therefore be favourites for automatic promotion.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
No excuses: two/three/four internationals on show, Goldson (good enough for the premier league - meh) Chelsea 'hot property', Steven (been there done it) Sidwell, Murray... a truly disgraceful second half from all and sundry. Make no mistake, this is an utter embarrassment and a disgrace to our shirt.

Here's an idea; if you're going to play in a football match - actually try!

It's been a while since I've felt so overwhelmingly angry at a performance, but those players should all donate a weeks wages to charity. Shambolic.

They played with heart, passion, desire and no little talent. So well done to them, but we made it all too easy with that feeble reposte... or lack thereof!

One word for Thursday: momentum.

Today is the day, Chris will come to rue.

Kosh mate - it's only a game; yes I'm a bit embarassed - but not that bothered in the
grand scheme of things.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
No excuses: two/three/four internationals on show, Goldson (good enough for the premier league - meh) Chelsea 'hot property', Steven (been there done it) Sidwell, Murray... a truly disgraceful second half from all and sundry. Make no mistake, this is an utter embarrassment and a disgrace to our shirt.

Here's an idea; if you're going to play in a football match - actually try!

It's been a while since I've felt so overwhelmingly angry at a performance, but those players should all donate a weeks wages to charity. Shambolic.

They played with heart, passion, desire and no little talent. So well done to them, but we made it all too easy with that feeble reposte... or lack thereof!

One word for Thursday: momentum.

Today is the day, Chris will come to rue.
If we win on Thursday today's result will be put to bed and we can look forward to promotion hopefully.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
According to Chris Waddle our back four were awful but how many of them are regular 1st team players? None all stand in plus a 37 year old keeper who has hardly played over the past 2 years or so.

Our back four are all professional footballers. Joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Just a cut and paste from what I said on the other thread but...

Can some of the moaners on here just **** right off? It's only an embarrassment if you genuinely feel shamed by it, I'm not buying half of this "We should be embarrassed" bull****. You know what's embarrassing? Having a chance at the big time, for realistic eternal glory that WILL be written into the club's history just as boldly as any of our achievements so far-and some people are more concerned about whining and making a huge deal out of a complete irrelevance. This had to happen, it was for the best whether you like it or not. If we are completely honest, without exaggerating to appear more outraged then we actually are, did Lincoln outplay us? Not really. First half was controlled and good, second half less so but the three goals we conceded were a soft pen, an own goal from a youngster making his first professional start, and a mix-up at the back. These can happen at anytime for no particular reason, and unfortunately they happened all at once today-****ing get over it. The application was never going to be as high as the league (GOOD) but it was hardly unacceptable. If you can't deal with this tiny lapse which let's be honest, is actually much much better for us in the long run-then I suggest you shouldn't be supporting Brighton.

Absolutely how i saw it too. Well done Lincoln. They are now very distracted from their main objective - winning their league

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Doesn't reflect well on the reserves that they got beaten by a non league team. I don't actually care but it sounds like a piss poor result to me, not caring doesn't make it ok :shrug:

Spot on. Abysmal. In control until Murray gave away the needless penalty, then everyone went into panic mode.....

Onwards and upwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Said this morning I won't be too fussed if we lose due to fixture pile up / distractions. Yes it's a bit disappointing but it's not like it was our first team out there & I feel no different now. Take it on the chin, congratulate Lincoln, and move on to the important thing. The ref gave a soft pen that gave them the momentum & got them back in the match as well. Just glad it wasn't a league game or I'd be fuming with him.

I had this thought before the Sheff Weds game and it was how great it would be if we won both league games and bowed out of the cup - I'm delighted overall with the last 3 games...!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the overall message was. 'Win if you can but don't over exert yourselves. We have bigger fish to fry.'

They certainly didn't bust a gut for the pride, that's a given.
I hope and pray that the majority of that team today don't have bigger fish to fry. I hope they stay outside the chip shop where they deserve to be having not busted a gut - as you say.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just a cut and paste from what I said on the other thread but...

Can some of the moaners on here just **** right off? It's only an embarrassment if you genuinely feel shamed by it, I'm not buying half of this "We should be embarrassed" bull****. You know what's embarrassing? Having a chance at the big time, for realistic eternal glory that WILL be written into the club's history just as boldly as any of our achievements so far-and some people are more concerned about whining and making a huge deal out of a complete irrelevance. This had to happen, it was for the best whether you like it or not. If we are completely honest, without exaggerating to appear more outraged then we actually are, did Lincoln outplay us? Not really. First half was controlled and good, second half less so but the three goals we conceded were a soft pen, an own goal from a youngster making his first professional start, and a mix-up at the back. These can happen at anytime for no particular reason, and unfortunately they happened all at once today-****ing get over it. The application was never going to be as high as the league (GOOD) but it was hardly unacceptable. If you can't deal with this tiny lapse which let's be honest, is actually much much better for us in the long run-then I suggest you shouldn't be supporting Brighton.

No - just no.

These guys are professional footballers. You can make as many excuses as you like but there is no way we should be losing to a non- league team given we are top of the EFL. The bulk of the players in the team today have played a fair few games this season and should have been far better. This probably won't make any difference in the long but please don't defend what was an unacceptable performance.

Brighton fans paid money to travel to Lincoln to watch this don't forget. Interesting to see if they have the same attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
As embarrassed as Newcastle today....i.e. not at all. There's a mismatch between how supporters view the Cup and how Clubs looking for promotion see it. It's an opportunity to play your squad players. That's it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No - just no.

These guys are professional footballers. You can make as many excuses as you like but there is no way we should be losing to a non- league team given we are top of the EFL. The bulk of the players in the team today have played a fair few games this season and should have been far better. This probably won't make any difference in the long but please don't defend what was an unacceptable performance.

Brighton fans paid money to travel to Lincoln to watch this don't forget. Interesting to see if they have the same attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I paid money to see today and I'm not fussed. Disappointed we lost of course but, in the long run, today will hopefully be a bonkers sidenote in our history books.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You are supposed to play for the shirt regardless of what level and what competition it is.

Everyone OUT.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
As embarrassed as Newcastle today....i.e. not at all. There's a mismatch between how supporters view the Cup and how Clubs looking for promotion see it. It's an opportunity to play your squad players. That's it.

Yeah, agreed - but if you were a 'squad player' maybe hoping to break into the first team wouldn't you have tried to turn on your very best performance? That wasn't my impression from the 5 live commentary...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The disappointing thing for me today is not so much losing but the fact we gifted them all 3 goals, That's twice in 3 games we've given the opposition 3 free gifts and it's something we need to cut out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here