Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Queens Park Rangers *** Official Match Thread ***

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Obviously in the minority here but I thought it was a sending off.

Pretty much right in front of me and Baldock was goalside of Onuoha and had him done for pace. It was a clumsy challenge but the defender didn't have a lot of incentive to go for the ball whereas the striker did. Looked to me like Onuoha was more interested in stopping Baldock than anything else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well,as a Sky viewer,I totally agree with you.Definite goal scoring chance wrecked by a barge-and-hope merchant.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Holloway is annoyed at Baldock going down too easy and pissed off at the albion fans singing about him getting sacked in the morning...can't disagree with that too much. He's been reasonable about us as a pundit and I thought the chant was a bit harsh, as well as the red card.

He still hasn't apologised for perpetuating the lie that we left a turd in their dressing room so **** him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Holloway is annoyed at Baldock going down too easy and pissed off at the albion fans singing about him getting sacked in the morning...can't disagree with that too much. He's been reasonable about us as a pundit and I thought the chant was a bit harsh, as well as the red card.

I thought the red card harsh..but complaining about 'some' opposition fans briefly chanting about getting sacked really? Geez the guys been in the game long enough to know that's part and parcel of the game....all sounded like sour grapes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a disgusting away kit they had, yuk

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Where's the Stay-Up-o-Meter?

No respect for tradition in these parts....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Definite foul, Baldock got to the ball first.
Very harsh red.
Yellow and free kick would have been fair.
Fair yes, but would it have been correct? He did deny Baldock a goal-scoring opportunity, he would not have kept up with Sam who would have been 1 v 1.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
[tweet]813751432050593792[/tweet]
[tweet]813751466167062528[/tweet]

After such a good team performance and going top, yes it was embarrassing people started leaving with ten minutes to go near us. Also the atmosphere was lame considering everything, QPR fans seemed like nobs apart from the lets pretend we scored chant which was slightly amusing.

Onwards and upwards

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The middle aged QPR fan (there with his proud wife and kids) and making 'up the bum' gestures to us in S1A before kickoff was long gone by the 80th minute. Must have had a train to catch.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Go back to Sky

Seagulls fans sang 'go back to Sky' where the Rs boss worked before taking the job at Loftus Road before going into a rendition of 'you're getting sacked in the morning'

Show some respect! QPR boss Ian Holloway blasts Brighton fans over sacking taunts
Seagulls fans sang 'go back to Sky' where the Rs boss worked before taking the job at Loftus Road before going into a rendition of 'you're getting sacked in the morning'

QPR manager Ian Holloway blasted the Brighton fans after they goaded the former Crystal Palace boss during the 3-0 win at the Amex Stadium.

Seagulls fans sang 'go back to Sky' where the Rs boss worked before taking the job at Loftus Road before going into a rendition of 'you're getting sacked in the morning' as the hosts cruised to a 3-0 win at top the Championship.

And Holloway was unhappy at the lack of respect shown towards him, accusing them of targeting him after his Eagles side, inspired by Wilfried Zaha, beat them in the play-offs.

"That's nice isn't it? I hope you enjoy your Christmas and your New Year,” QPR boss Holloway told the BBC.

Why don't you sing something better and different? I didn't mean to beat you in the play-offs (with Crystal Palace in 2013).

"Why don't you show a bit of respect? But that is life and football these days."

QPR have lost six defeats in a row and Holloway has only picked up one win, against a Norwich side playing with 10 men for 90 minutes, in his seven games in charge.

Well Ollie, if you didn't mean to beat us, why mention it? :tosser:

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/show-respect-qpr-boss-ian-12375810

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Did they announce the away attendance today? got a QPR supporting mate waxing lyrical about how they were packing the away end out but I think Leeds and Villa bought more down (he didn't got btw). Would love to prove a point to him, I thought they were very quiet today too.

What a result, what a day

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Did they announce the away attendance today? got a QPR supporting mate waxing lyrical about how they were packing the away end out but I think Leeds and Villa bought more down (he didn't got btw). Would love to prove a point to him, I thought they were very quiet today too.

We was well quiet....normal hangover lunch time atmosphere....

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here