Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Queens Park Rangers *** Official Match Thread ***

Mar 2, 2014
The nature of true, dyed in the wool football support is that your love for your team is unconditional. You'll keep coming back, week in week out, regardless of what you are served up. My God, we've done just that over the years. But when those good times come around they are so much the sweeter for the years we spent watching Peter Smith put another shot over the back of the Priestfield terracing.

It's hard to explain to a non-Seagull just how exciting these times are. There is so much to admire in our squad. With quality in all areas we can generally rely on enough players having a good day for us to be a match for any team in the division. We have a manager simply dripping in assurance and integrity. The whole thing is backed up by a chairman who is a genuine supporter, who has backed the club with serious amounts of his own cash and who has built, from the ground up, a team worthy of challenging for a seat at the top table. I almost get weepy typing it and I almost pity the supporters of larger clubs that have never had to work for the joy they get dished up most years.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
The nature of true, dyed in the wool football support is that your love for your team is unconditional. You'll keep coming back, week in week out, regardless of what you are served up. My God, we've done just that over the years. But when those good times come around they are so much the sweeter for the years we spent watching Peter Smith put another shot over the back of the Priestfield terracing.

It's hard to explain to a non-Seagull just how exciting these times are. There is so much to admire in our squad. With quality in all areas we can generally rely on enough players having a good day for us to be a match for any team in the division. We have a manager simply dripping in assurance and integrity. The whole thing is backed up by a chairman who is a genuine supporter, who has backed the club with serious amounts of his own cash and who has built, from the ground up, a team worthy of challenging for a seat at the top table. I almost get weepy typing it and I almost pity the supporters of larger clubs that have never had to work for the joy they get dished up most years.

Well said that man.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Well said that man.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I thought I heard the stadium announcer give to Knocky but Sky gave to to Glen.

Bong/Baldock/Bruno all contenders too

Sponsors MOM was Knocky, Sky gave it to Murray. Sky can't automatically give the Sponsors as they obviously only choose a home player. If we lose, likely to be an away player who is genuinely MOM

I thought Sky handed it to Murray and said; "Will you do the honours?" - to give it to Knocky for MotM.
But Murray didn't hear?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I thought Sky handed it to Murray and said; "Will you do the honours?" - to give it to Knocky for MotM.
But Murray didn't hear?

Wasn't watching as at game but can see sky camera TV from seat. Came up
Murray man of the match on screen.

Stephens, Norwood, baldock equally as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

Well put, that feeling I had at Hereford will live with me forever and to be honest just surviving as a club was okay for me for years after that. Taking my son now to each game at the Amex is emotional and I'm so proud and feel immensely lucky with have the Blooms. UTA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Obviously in the minority here but I thought it was a sending off.

Pretty much right in front of me and Baldock was goalside of Onuoha and had him done for pace. It was a clumsy challenge but the defender didn't have a lot of incentive to go for the ball whereas the striker did. Looked to me like Onuoha was more interested in stopping Baldock than anything else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Holloway is annoyed at Baldock going down too easy and pissed off at the albion fans singing about him getting sacked in the morning...can't disagree with that too much. He's been reasonable about us as a pundit and I thought the chant was a bit harsh, as well as the red card.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Well put, that feeling I had at Hereford will live with me forever and to be honest just surviving as a club was okay for me for years after that. Taking my son now to each game at the Amex is emotional and I'm so proud and feel immensely lucky with have the Blooms. UTA!
Thanks, but I really can't take the credit for those words of wisdom. (See a few posts back)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

This is so true..... mostof my memeroies are the Mullery years, the end of days at Goldstone, the fight for Amex and then the nearly years of Poyet and Garcia and this is the best team I've seen since Wardy, Lawro , Sully and Nobby. So many years watching us throw aeay hard won leads.... the second half was imperious and for the first time I actually stopped worrying that it was all about to implode.

Best Xmas present that! :)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Obviously in the minority here but I thought it was a sending off.

Pretty much right in front of me and Baldock was goalside of Onuoha and had him done for pace. It was a clumsy challenge but the defender didn't have a lot of incentive to go for the ball whereas the striker did. Looked to me like Onuoha was more interested in stopping Baldock than anything else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He angled his run to intercept Baldock not the ball. Definitely a foul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here