Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the amex too small?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Spot on. Funny thing is the Rev was at the Goldstone when we had our lowest ever attendance of 9,000 in the top flight for a 0-2 defeat to Notts County in 1982

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

Was he though? More likely standing on the balcony outside his parents house, behind the Chicken Run.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
There were blocks of empty seats on Saturday including one in the 1901 of about 60 seats. Was it meant to be a sell out?

Yes, I could clearly see that, and was both amazed and disappointed. Ok, fair enough, the good folk of 1901 are paying a lot of dosh and it is their right not to turn up, but it did seem very strange. Might it have been a block booking and a coach broke down, for example? If this sounds fanciful, then fair enough, but it seemed very odd how one block like that could be empty.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not necessarily sure the ticket exchange would eradicate empty seats. Suspect a lot of people wouldn't bother. Possibly try and see if any friends want to go but then not bother with the hassle.

If they had a very simple webpage where you logged in with your fan number and said you weren't going so your seat could be resold it could work. Especially if there was some financial reward for doing so like you got £20 credit for shop or food.

Jan 30, 2008
saturday's gate of 29,469 was bigger than watford v hull, west brom v man city, c****** p***** v liverpool, and stoke v swansea this week.
So i think a capacity of 31,000 seems pretty spot on, and with everything else about the club, including the training facility, we're "premiership" ready! :albion2:
is your wallet???
regards
DR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, the Amex is just right, unless the North Stand can be expanded.

Would rather 31,000 packed in than everyone rattling around a larger stadium with areas shut off for certain games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
is your wallet???
regards
DR

As the club had confirmed in March that season ticket prices were not going up if we went up, and as away ticket prices in the Prem are capped, so significantly LOWER than in this division, how 'premiership ready' does his wallet need to be?

Jan 30, 2008
I wonder how many of the disenfranchised old school types who have been very vocal about not going any more would fancy sneaking in to see a PL game, against say a London club for instance, IF we ever get to the PL.

not for me mate , I'LL WATCH IT DOWN THE PUB :D
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
As the club had confirmed in March that season ticket prices were not going up if we went up, and as away ticket prices in the Prem are capped, so significantly LOWER than in this division, how 'premiership ready' does his wallet need to be?
another one who's been taken in by it all :ohmy:
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
regards
DR

Christ you're a miserable dullard.

I'm not 'taken in' by what's on offer at the Amex, thanks. I am very much 'taken with' it. Different things.

Perfectly content with the value of the tickets I pay for, willingly. No sleight of hand. No 'taking in'.

Why are you even posting here, on a Brighton supporters' site?

Jan 30, 2008
Christ you're a miserable dullard.

I'm not 'taken in' by what's on offer at the Amex, thanks. I am very much 'taken with' it. Different things.

Perfectly content with the value of the tickets I pay for, willingly. No sleight of hand. No 'taking in'.

Why are you even posting here, on a Brighton supporters' site?
SO YOU'RE DENYING THEY'LL BE NO PRICE HIKES ANYWHERE? that was the point i was making, some posters on here have made it quite clear that they're at their limit with CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL PRICING ?
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
SO YOU'RE DENYING THEY'LL BE NO PRICE HIKES ANYWHERE? that was the point i was making, some posters on here have made it quite clear that they're at their limit with CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL PRICING ?
regards
DR

There will undoubtedly be increases in some areas - certainly one-off tickets (though there won't be many available). For most the costs will not significantly increase*. Ticket revenue is such a small part of a Prem club's income, that there is simply no need to piss off your fan-base with hikes.

Those that travel away will enjoy the REDUCTION in ticket prices.

*except that 4 less home games = a 'per match' increase

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
regards
DR

Glad to see you're not naive enough to be taken in by 2nd place in the championship, a goalkeeper who can put 60 yard balls on a sixpence, best defensive pairing in decades, an absolute Albion legend with the captain's armband, incredible selection of central midfielders, probably only matched by our wide player selection, putting 5 past one of the favourites, a manager who is admired by 90% of people in the game.

Glad to see you're not being taken in by any of that rubbish :dunce:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Glad to see you're not naive enough to be taken in by 2nd place in the championship, a goalkeeper who can put 60 yard balls on a sixpence, best defensive pairing in decades, an absolute Albion legend with the captain's armband, incredible selection of central midfielders, probably only matched by our wide player selection, putting 5 past one of the favourites, a manager who is admired by 90% of people in the game.

Glad to see you're not being taken in by any of that rubbish :dunce:
That's because he hasn't SEEN any of it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It was my house bought in 85 tbh:moo: And it didn't have a balcony:blush:

Details, details. Sorry Rev forgot it was yours. ( What do you call an elevated garden with a fence around the edge?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here