Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Pre-match Thread ****

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
At the moment and on current form it is no more difficult than any other It may well seems so in a few weeks but their form hasnt been shattering yet. Lets hope it doesnt pick up until Mid September. Why shouldnt we nick a win? Have done it up there before against the odds.

Mate :lolol::lolol::lolol: Of course we can nick a win. But "I would take" a 2-0 win is not nicking anything.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No Gascoigne & Co

All change at Newcastle: (team 5-1 v Spurs)

26 Darlow
22 Janmaat
27 Taylor
18 Mbemba
3 Dummett
24 Tioté Substituted for Shelvey at 62'minutes
4 Colback
25 Townsend
7 Sissoko Substituted for Sterry at 84'minutes
5 Wijnaldum Substituted for Aarons at 76'minutes Booked at 85mins
45 Mitrovic Booked at 67mins
-----------------------------
Substitutes
9 Cissé
10 de Jong
12 Shelvey
16 Aarons
17 Pérez
41 Woodman
42 Sterry

Players in bold still at Newcastle at the time of writing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_United_F.C.#Current_squad

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It is because they are expected to win and most would see a draw as a good result for us.

I hope the players don't go with that attitude, we can beat anyone in this division and have nothing to be afraid of going to Newcastle. They were expected to beat us the two times they've been to the Amex and that hasn't worked out well for them.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Can see good value in Shelvey for first goalscorer. His form has improved over recent games and he's due a goal. 2-1 to the Albion though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
:rolleyes::lolol: You'd settle for a 2-0 away win at one of the toughest away games of the season?? You really are completely clueless. Not to mention, I want Knockaert to score a hat-trick, doesn't matter if that prompts a bid-Not for sale. I want us to win, by as many as possible and to do that we need AK to play well. It'll be tough.

It is not as though Newcastle are in the top fight with Beardsley and Gascoigne nowadays. 0-2

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Am I the first one to be setting off? Leaving tomorrow morning at 10am from Brighton :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He will for sure

Doubtful – Aleksandar Mitrovic, Dwight Gayle, Rolando Aarons -

Apparently Mitrovic and Gayle are looking like they will be fit to play. The other one is definitely ''doubtful''

How does definitely doubtful work?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How does definitely doubtful work?

Because that was an extract from the original post which stated he is ''doubtful'' for Saturday. The other two Mitrovic and Gale, in terms of injury, are not ''doubtful''

The other one is genuinely/definitely doubtful as of yesterday...................................I don't believe I am actually explaining this..........All I really wanted to say was that I have confirmation that the other two are not injured enough to be doubtful for the match on Saturday

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Kick Off: 17:30, 27/08/16

Stadium: St James’ Park, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Head-to-head: Newcastle 0-0 Brighton, Brighton 2-2 Newcastle, Newcastle 0-1 Brighton, Brighton 1-0 Newcastle, Brighton 2-0 Newcastle

Injuries:

Newcastle: Out – Rob Elliot

Doubtful – Aleksandar Mitrovic, Dwight Gayle, Rolando Aarons

Brighton: Out – Liam Rosenior, Connor Goldson

Doubtful – ???

Key Stats:

Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn were the only teams to win league games at St James’ Park when Chris Hughton was Newcastle boss
It was not until December 19th that Brighton lost their first Championship match of 2015/16
—–

A Look at Newcastle Betting Odds

After bursting out of the traps, stumbling and tripping over in front of an enormous audience, all of whom pointed and laughed, the Magpies have returned to a vertical base and begun eating up the ground on the Championship’s early pacesetters.

Still, Newcastle’s odds to make it four wins out of four across all competitions against Brighton might be a bit longer at 21/20 given the obstinate Seagulls’ apparent refusal to lose football matches.

https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/football-betting/championship/newcastle-brighton-preview,111958.html

Pretty match thread? WTF!

It's just another match, not Barca fxxkin lona in the Champions League final FFS! Newcastle, that basket case of a football club, run by a shady cockney recently investigated for breaking employment law en masse, with some of the most passionate but deluded fans the world of football has ever seen, with a MASSIVE sense of entitlement to boot do not deserve a pre match bloody thread!

There, said it, rant over..........and breathe.......

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Are you going by car or train? I am driving and was going to leave at 8am due to Bank Holiday traffic and going that distance would prefer to be way early. I missed the first half of the Scarborough game travelling on a Bank Holiday, not again, I hope.

Am I the first one to be setting off? Leaving tomorrow morning at 10am from Brighton :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Are you going by car or train? I am driving and was going to leave at 8am due to Bank Holiday traffic and going that distance would prefer to be way early. I missed the first half of the Scarborough game travelling on a Bank Holiday, not again, I hope.

Train, couple of nights up in the toon :)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I have mixed views as I obviously want us to get at least a draw but dont want AK to tear them apart so they come in with an increased bid I would settle for a scrappy 2 -0 win. with goals from Rosenior and Bruno as no chance of either going to Newcastle

They know how good Knockaert is, they don't need to see it in person. So let's hope he does tear them a new one and we can bring home the 3 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here