Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much does this cost? (One born every minute...)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Thats the worst veg box I've ever seen. It should be probably £3 for the veg and £6 for the fruit. If you're charged anywhere past a tenner they've had you.
The veg boxes I've had in the past are £6.50 but about 3 times the amount there, will interesting veg as well as the basics you've got there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have you already eaten some of the contents, or is that it?

Looks a bit...erm...underwhelming to me.

That's as it comes. It's always in two crates. Perhaps if they used one, and it would always fit, it would look better.

£9.00 is the answer. As I say - not expensive and I'm happy to support local farms. They could just be buying it at Tesco though and splitting it into boxes and delivering it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
£9 from me.

That's as it comes. It's always in two crates. Perhaps if they used one, and it would always fit, it would look better.

£9.00 is the answer. As I say - not expensive and I'm happy to support local farms. They could just be buying it at Tesco though and splitting it into boxes and delivering it.

Would expect to feed 6 people veggie curry for £9!???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Ok, I am going to buy £9 worth of fruit and veg next time I am in town and stick a picture on here..........

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm going to stick a picture on of a years produce from my 2 allotments. Organic, too. I could do you a small box for about £20 a week [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] or anyone else.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
attachment.php
Frozen fruit and veg, plus spuds £3.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm going to stick a picture on of a years produce from my 2 allotments. Organic, too. I could do you a small box for about £20 a week [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] or anyone else.

This reminds me of a tale my grandmother told me fifty years ago.

For years the neighbour over the garden wall gave her loads of tomatoes/veg and very big and tasty they were too.

Then early one morning as she visited the outside privy, she noticed said neighbour emptying the contents of his china potty onto his vegetable patch:ohmy:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Looks a bit supermarket-y to me. carrots are all a bit too perfect in shape.

I agree, it looks like from a supermarket to me.
A lot of theese boxes come with a bit of dirt, especially from the pots.
Abel & Cole charge up to £26 for a box.
Its easier to have an allotment, no clingfilm on your spuds :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Well, knowing as I do that you're big fan of your vegetables, I've got some beans here you might be interested in. Don't tell anybody else, but they're...magic.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What time is the press conference with the answer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here