Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Friday night "yet another top 2 clash tomorrow" drinking thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was referring to Proper Job by the St Austell Brewery. Not denigrating your career Nibble :ohmy::ohmy:

Their Big Job double is a joyful beer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is it just Burgess or are the others involved? Either way a treat.

Just Burgess. Lever was drumming but had a big fall out with Burgess.

Still magnificent live. They're doing one set tonight and a completely different one tomorrow.

Fielding is now working with Lever on the Red Sided Garter Snakes.

Reg is.......Reg.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nice one. The Tubthumper Troupe and myself will be camped out in Sheffield for a Rotherham craft beer beano in Jan. We'll be sure to check our this place.
It's relatively new and has no signage, just a "we're open" board on the street, when they're open, obviously....

Think they're on Facebook etc though. I can send more details if necessary. It's by far my favourite pub in the city.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just finished eating.....I cooked her a nice bit of sea bass cooked in a foil parcel with a squidgin of lemon, white wine, fennel seeds, olive oil and a little butter, accompanied by "smashed" new potatoes with grated Comte cheese, butter and shallots and carrots and small broad beans all washed down with a nicely chilled bottle of Puilly Fuisse - pretentieuse moi?????

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just finished eating.....I cooked her a nice bit of sea bass cooked in a foil parcel with a squidgin of lemon, white wine, fennel seeds, olive oil and a little butter, accompanied by "smashed" new potatoes with grated Comte cheese, butter and shallots and carrots and small broad beans all washed down with a nicely chilled bottle of Puilly Fuisse - pretentieuse moi?????
Stop showing off and drink.

Good effort btw.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Man that does sound very nice. I've got a similar recipe, almost same ingredients, but I use talapia and I shove a load of cous cous in the parcel. Glorious.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's relatively new and has no signage, just a "we're open" board on the street, when they're open, obviously....

Think they're on Facebook etc though. I can send more details if necessary. It's by far my favourite pub in the city.

Cheers fella. I am up for this place. I might be in touch nearer the time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a can of Lilt earlier, and then some lemon squash. :rave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Die Frau has just opened a Chilean Cab Sav recommended by Mr and Mrs [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Four mile run followed by iced water, Brie and a South African red wine from Tescos that I suspect the Missus to have picked up on offer. G&T soon as the wine's not quite to my taste.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Die Frau has just opened a Chilean Cab Sav recommended by Mr and Mrs [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]

I hope that it has lived up to expectations.

I have been drinking Bristol Independence at The Westbourne, and very nice it was too. Now, a 5AM Red, bed, and football at lunchtime...followed by a wedding at 3.15 in Kingston (cycling in my suit) and Mrs. Pogue's Jam Tarts gig in the evening.

I'm knackered even thinking about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here