Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jason Puncheon - what a great role model

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reading the story, He did not take off his belt.

Puncheon, 31, appeared at Staines Magistrates' Court for the start of his trial, but changed his plea.

The footballer, of The Warren in Kingswood, Surrey, admitted a public order offence from 17 December near the Mishiko bar on Church Street, Reigate.

When a bouncer who confiscated the belt tried to return it, Puncheon told him to "keep it... buy a house with it".

Its a bit of a non story if it was anyone else to be honest...But in a twist...

At the end of the hearing, Bromley footballer Ben Chorley, of Oakfield Lane, Dartford, was charged with contempt of court

He is accused of taking a photograph of Puncheon while he was in the courtroom and was held in custody.

Which is in the laws eyes a much more serious offense !

Contempt of court is a very serious offence.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Rohan Ince & Lewis Dunk were acquitted by a jury in their respective trials.
AK pleaded guilty to motoring offences.
Classic whataboutery from Palace.

They seem to be the masters of whataboutery. Maybe they could have provided a more robust defence for JP with fifty hooded flare wielding Ultras screaming 'yeah, but what about that Brighton lot' at the Judge.

Imbeciles.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Rohan Ince & Lewis Dunk were acquitted by a jury in their respective trials.
AK pleaded guilty to motoring offences.
Classic whataboutery from Palace.

I didnt say any of them were guilty, read the wording you numpties. They are high profile footballers who have found themselves in situations they shouldnt be in. It can happen at any club. Puncheon I believe was being goaded and called it self defence. I also believe he was offering a help to buy scheme with his belt.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I didnt say any of them were guilty, read the wording you numpties. They are high profile footballers who have found themselves in situations they shouldnt be in. It can happen at any club. Puncheon I believe was being goaded and called it self defence. I also believe he was offering a help to buy scheme with his belt.

He pleaded guilty.....Ince and Dunk were found not guilty! You really are scraping the barrel trying to deflect the attention back on us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Who are you calling a numpty?

It is still What about him and What about him.

As I said, classic whataboutery. Pointing the finger elsewhere. As has been stated, the cctv disagreed with his version of events.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

As I said, classic whataboutery. Pointing the finger elsewhere. As has been stated, the cctv disagreed with his version of events.
Whataboutery is one of the new 'evils' of the internet and needs to be called out for what it is every time.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013

OK McNumpty, totally ignore the wording of the post to support your agenda. I was clearly pointing out that this is not a Palace issue in isolation and with it being used as oneup manship(sp) is laughable.

byeeeeeeeeee

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
OK McNumpty, totally ignore the wording of the post to support your agenda. I was clearly pointing out that this is not a Palace issue in isolation and with it being used as oneup manship(sp) is laughable.

byeeeeeeeeee

Oh, so you haven't got any kind of intelligent debate, just excuses for your convicted player and trying to say other footballers do it, whilst picking out names of other players who haven't been convicted of violent offences.

In two words, grow up.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Oh, so you haven't got any kind of intelligent debate, just excuses for your convicted player and trying to say other footballers do it, whilst picking out names of other players who haven't been convicted of violent offences.

In two words, grow up.

Intelligent debate you say- misrepresenting my words to support you anti palace feelings. So I excused Puncheon how exactly? Just highlighting your pathetic attempts to look disapprovingly down on a palace player like you have one up on us. Which I find most ironic as always its us doing the looking down.

You silly little twerp. You need to grow up.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Intelligent debate you say- misrepresenting my words to support you anti palace feelings. So I excused Puncheon how exactly? Just highlighting your pathetic attempts to look disapprovingly down on a palace player like you have one up on us. You silly little twerp. You need to grow up.

Have you blamed Sussex Police yet?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Intelligent debate you say- misrepresenting my words to support you anti palace feelings. So I excused Puncheon how exactly? Just highlighting your pathetic attempts to look disapprovingly down on a palace player like you have one up on us. You silly little twerp. You need to grow up.

A twerp is a pregnant fish. I am neither pregnant, nor a fish.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didnt say any of them were guilty, read the wording you numpties. They are high profile footballers who have found themselves in situations they shouldnt be in. It can happen at any club. Puncheon I believe was being goaded and called it self defence.
He admitted it wasn't self defence.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Typical thug.... also lovely classless comment to the bouncer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He admitted it wasn't self defence.

But Judge Michael Snow ruled Puncheon was not acting in self-defence and added: ‘He is completely contradicted by very clear CCTV video. ‘No-one looking at that CCTV video could come to a conclusion that at the time when he had taken his belt off and was striking towards a group of people including one who had his back to him that he was acting in self defence. ‘It is quite clear to me that he has completely lost control of his behaviour and he was striking indiscriminately at that group. ‘He was not acting in self-defence or in defence of another at that time he used the belt.’

He admitted a section 4 public order offence of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause fear or provoke unlawful violence.

A further charge of assault by beating was dropped after no evidence was offered by the prosecution.

In other words, he changed his plea to guilty to the 'lesser' charge so the CPS wouldn't continue witht the assault charge. He admitted it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
says the bloke with a quote from the Palace chairman on his footer- yeah ok mate haha

We must really make an impression on you

What does a rich man giving it the ‘i am considerably richer than you’ to someone have to do with a quote from your chairman?

You certainly do make an impression [emoji106]

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
clearly you find it all too difficult to remove yourselves from the inferiority complex you all have to understand the point.

Palace are a nasty scummy lot arent they. And yet..

I bid you farewell - look out for second season syndrome wont you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here