Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of these 5 strikers would you be interested in?

Which of these strikers would you be interested in? [Multiple Choice]

• Leigh Griffiths

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Aleksandar Mitrovic

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Gary Hooper

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Leonardo Ulloa

Votes: 35 15.0%
  • Danny Ings

Votes: 95 40.8%
  • None of them

Votes: 82 35.2%

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
None of them.

Unless its a loan signing I would fully expect us to look to Europe again to bring in a striker that provides greater value

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I still reckon Louis Schaub is our man, he's absolutely textbook Albion.

Left footed.
Plays on the right.
Young.
Would have been on Winstanley's Summer interrailing trip around Europe.

I like Shaub, but he's not the answer for this, instead he'd be ideal competition / cover for Knockaert.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think Leo would fit back in the team seamlessly,another happy warrior!:albion2:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Providing he came relatively cheap, then I think Leo could do a job for us again as a squad member, and a pretty darn good one at that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think Leo would fit back in the team seamlessly,another happy warrior!:albion2:

Providing he came relatively cheap, then I think Leo could do a job for us again as a squad member, and a pretty darn good one at that.

What not Barnes?
How about Zamora?
Maybe Micky Small can do a job?
Perhaps we could hold a seance and bring back Tommy Cook.

Oh and I'm in a pissy mood, so as much as the point stands, I apologise for being an arse.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
All of those are bang average and no better than what we have. Danny Ings is the exception but he would be a huge risk in a 25 man squad given his injury record and as we know from the summer we take the medicals seriously. We don't sign players with glass legs with one notable exception (Sorry Bobby).

In any case, I very much doubt we are interested in any of them. They look like the lazy premier league signings made by clubs like West Ham 'He was good once, sign him up, give him 100K a week and hope he scores 20' Think James Chester to Villa for 10m, Joe Hart on 200K a week or Stuart Downing for 20m to Liverpool. Shithouse value the lot of them. Most of our signings need google - That's exactly how it should be if you are doing it right. Finding under priced bargains that Paul Merson can't pronounce not signing has beens after one last pay day

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All of this:

My Saints SOURCES both tell me that Austin has terrible attitude.

Of the list above the only one I'd be keen on would be a fit Ings. (So voted NONE)

And this:

All of those are bang average and no better than what we have. Danny Ings is the exception but he would be a huge risk in a 25 man squad given his injury record and as we know from the summer we take the medicals seriously. We don't sign players with glass legs with one notable exception (Sorry Bobby).

In any case, I very much doubt we are interested in any of them. They look like the lazy premier league signings made by clubs like West Ham 'He was good once, sign him up, give him 100K a week and hope he scores 20' Think James Chester to Villa for 10m, Joe Hart on 200K a week or Stuart Downing for 20m to Liverpool. Shithouse value the lot of them. Most of our signings need google - That's exactly how it should be if you are doing it right. Finding under priced bargains that Paul Merson can't pronounce not signing has beens after one last pay day

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This in spades. We''ll be aiming higher (I reckon any deal is probably 80% done already, no way TB/PB will allow another f***-up)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This in spades. We''ll be aiming higher (I reckon any deal is probably 80% done already, no way TB/PB will allow another f***-up)

You'd like to think so, but judging by the amount of teams who 'just need a striker', I'm far less confident.

In the Summer the Albion appeared to be second from bottom of 'striker transfer chain' with 2 or 3 other bigger deals needing to happen in order to free up the targeted player. (Adone instantly springs to mind).

Unless they go for another very rough diamond, which seems less likely if the club can maintain it's current lofty position, then I don't see a deal being 'all but done' until others are made.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here