• Prawn

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Cucumber

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Clearly preference depends on mood/hangover level.

Near my office is a London institution of Sandwich making called Fuzzy's Grub who will serve you a ROAST dinner in a sandwich. The art is in the very ESSENCE of the chosen ingredients and accompaniments to the point that one doesn't merely order a sandwich NAY construct one.

Your choice of bread is VITAL to the structural integrity, followed by the all important meat decision, and the downright GAMBLE as to whether one's bread choice can survive the onslaught of your five a day, condiment, stuffing, yorkshire pudding and gravy.

The key is in the cement - despite having your choice of potato for the upper stratigraphy it remains imperative that you deploy a cement barrier of mashed potato immediately atop your bottom layer of BREADAGE to hold back the seepage of copious amounts of gravy to provide the appropriate lubrication to ensure even partial mastication is possible.

A truly WORLD CLASS sandwich experience and to date the only remedy for a two day hangover.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Uncut bread? What you smear the bacon and brie on the outside of a whole loaf? Normally I agree with your posts, but . . . .
"Normally I agree with your posts..."

ROFL

I was wondering about the uncut bread thing too. Thought maybe gouging the centre out of a fresh, warm loaf and shoving the bacon and brie in. Sounds decent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Normally I agree with your posts..."

ROFL

I was wondering about the uncut bread thing too. Thought maybe gouging the centre out of a fresh, warm loaf and shoving the bacon and brie in. Sounds decent.

:wink:
yes . . . I think he means 'torn'. Apparently when you are offered to take a roll in a restaurant, you dont ask for a breadknife to cut it open to butter it - you rip it in half with a manly flourish. :cheers:

Still . . . . uncut bread does sound a bit odd, a bit like unbroken glass. Perhaps BG preps his liquid refreshment by taking an unbroken glass and filling it with fremented wine . . . .:mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing wrong with 'uncut bread'. My old nan always referred to it as that........'unsliced loaf' might be a better description these days I guess......

Ah, OK. Never heard of it. I think 'sliced' bread came in during the 60s, so we had bread, and then we had sliced bread . . . to be honest it is such a long time that I bought bread from anywhere other than my local farm shop, I had forgotten that 'sliced' bread actually existed as something you can buy. Anyway . . . .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ah, OK. Never heard of it. I think 'sliced' bread came in during the 60s, so we had bread, and then we had sliced bread . . . to be honest it is such a long time that I bought bread from anywhere other than my local farm shop, I had forgotten that 'sliced' bread actually existed as something you can buy. Anyway . . . .

Well, agreeing, or even coming close to understanding a post from @BG exposes me to all sorts of ridicule so I might be wrong [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Also baguettes beat sandwiches all day long!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Had an early lunch - if I have food at work, in whatever form it might be in, i'll have eaten it by 11 - and between some german brown bread were goat's cheese and tomato and a couple of choppings of cooked orange pepper. Tasty, that was. In a perfect world, I'd have 3 lunches, all with a different cheese in.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
5 Pages FFS?
Roll on August or at least some solid transfer rumours.
Next someone will do a poll on coleslaw!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I was once at a comedy gig and the comedian asked the audience what their favourite sandwich filling was and a bloke shouted "YOUR WIFE AND YOUR DAUGHTER!" He was ejected a few more heckles later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here