Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
This would be an excellent addition. Having seen him play he is undoubtedly a better player than Mooy and him plus stephens, kayal and sidwell would be great for the battles ahead. All the noises coming from his club don't point to this going forward but money often talks so we see. At least this has stopped us all either worrying or wondering about signings for the day. Unless that was the purpose of the leak to the Argus although I don't see that.
Let's hope for positive news soon.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He is from Irish, American descent. Danish and playing in Germany, so he should have no issues in trying a different culture.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
With Hunemeier and Groß and potentially Delaney and Suttner to follow our incursion into the Bundesliga looks to be reaping rewards.

Hope the latter two follow and who knows what other potential gems there are to be signed from German football.

I'm sure it must help new signings if there are already German-based players already here - who knows what influence they have.

Reminds me a little of the Spanish players we signed under Poyet etc.

Germany WILL win the World Cup next year - I'm very happy that we're shopping over there :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is from Irish, American descent. Danish and playing in Germany, so he should have no issues in trying a different culture.

Speaks English better than most British footballers too.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Let's be honest, they flatly rejected £11m, they were after him for ages before he finally signed in January and he's on a long contract. Very much doubt it will happen.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Every player has a value. Depends if we can afford to make an impossible offer to turn down. It's not as if its final few days of window either, so Bremen also have options if they sell. Depends on our other options too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
If there was no chance then why would the club waste time and energy trying to sign him?

I didn't say there is no chance, just highly improbable imo. If he is our number 1 target then you can't blame the club for chancing their arm but can't see it happening currently.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
With his club so unwilling to sell, he might be north of 20 million. In which case it's probably out of our price range for one player. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't see it happening.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If a player wants to move he'll force it, we've seen it so often. I'm sure it's no different in Germany.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm sure I read somewhere that he was impressed with our facilities and wants to test himself in the Prem. Obviously it might not be us he goes to and he might give WB another year before coming over here.

I think he wants to come here hence the upped offer. Think it might take another couple of goes before we get him.

EDIT: Maybe we won't get him?

A first offer of € 11 million was not successful, and now Brighton & Hove Albion is likely to return. According to a report from the British "Sun", the "Seagulls" would now offer up to 15 million euros to lure the Danish national player from the Weser to the island. In addition, the article states that there is interest in Delaney from FC Watford and FC Everton, but the 25-year-old likes Brighton & Hove Albion, as he likes the project there best.

However, the chances of the English are not too high now, despite the supposedly increased amount of millions. Werder Sportchef Frank Baumann had recently confirmed a first offer, but stated: "A change from Thomas is not an issue and it will not become one." Delaney had only moved from FC Copenhagen to Bremen last winter and had secured a stalemate in the team of coach Alexander Nouri.

Taken from: http://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/w...-von-brighton-fuer-delaney-_arid,1620032.html

Their fans have now added a link to this thread! https://www.werder.de/forum/threads/6-thomas-delaney.41541/page-21

:wave: herzlich willkommen!

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seems unlikely, but the deal often DOES happen when the player wants it, as we all know... personally, I hope it does happen...

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The timing of the Argus article was odd. It's basically saying we are interested and would be prepared to set a new transfer record to get this guy something which had been mentioned elsewhere before. Normally this sort of piece goes live in the morning on the website certainly no urgency to get it on the site late evening.
Either there is more to this than just an interest and refused bid which I hope or the club allowed the leak to get some more hopeful transfer news out there after a week a little on the negative side.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The timing of the Argus article was odd. It's basically saying we are interested and would be prepared to set a new transfer record to get this guy something which had been mentioned elsewhere before. Normally this sort of piece goes live in the morning on the website certainly no urgency to get it on the site late evening.
Either there is more to this than just an interest and refused bid which I hope or the club allowed the leak to get some more hopeful transfer news out there after a week a little on the negative side.

Did the Argus article follow the "Mooy signs for Hudders".....explaining he was not our main target?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here