Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referees to start dishing out GREEN cards

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Totally pointless as others have stated, but why get a pat on the back for kicking the ball out of play for a player to receive treatment, if the injury was serious the referee would (should) have stop play anyway.
What next a green card for not diving, telling the ref what a good decision he has just made.
How many green cards would have been awarded to Doncaster for allowing Bury to score.

No, I think it's still a yellow for sarcasm.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How do these people get their jobs?

If ONLY I was in charge..... etc etc.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I can think of a few managers who would put any recipient of a green card straight onto the transfer list.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well I think it's beautiful. It's time us good guys got some recognition.:angel:

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Absolutely hate the idea. There'd have to be a pretty good reason to introduce any kind of third card into the game, and this most definitely is not one.

If they're really that intent on rewarding fair play and compiling a list of those that do the most positive acts, why doesn't the ref just write down the player's name in his book and submit the names at the end of each match? Would take far less time and without the whole ridiculous showmanship of pulling out a card. Having said that, I still don't think even that is worth it. Just start properly penalising simulation and the like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here