Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this it for Chris? Time for Hughton to go?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We lost 2-0 to relegation rivals....so what,we have no divine right to beat anyone and anyway we beat them at home so really honours even. Saying we must pick up points against these teams us just too simplistic. West Bromwich wanted to win as well. We have to realise ( as most do) this is a squad punching above it weight and doubting the manager is not the right way to go.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I would expect Chris to give the team the “hairdryer treatment” following today’s performance and I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes some significant changes and, as a result, we’ll go on to turn Chelsea over next Saturday.
Yep that's the way to go....I agree

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s the wingers I can’t get my head around. So much potential, such poor performances.

Assuming they do play as wingers and sprint to the byeline, who are they supposed to cross to? So they have to flaff about waiting for others to get up with play and so are not playing to their strengths? Most of their time is spent helping out the fullbacks which is such a waste of talent.

Jan 30, 2008
Well with our current form, lackluster tactics, Unability to score. Strange subs. Looks like he has lost his team too. Is it time we start looking for another manager?

I know this is set up for me to get torn to shreds by some of the hardcore among you like last time but to be honest i couldn't give a hoot now.

What would you do in this current situation we're facing outselves in?

Is it time we give Hughton the chop and get someone else in or keep him on and getting relegated? Thats the way it feels at the moment

JCL alert ???
regards
DR

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I wouldn't say sack Hughton .....yet, He needs to release the handbrake against the lesser sides in the division.His insistence in playing the same way against the shit sides as against the good ones will not earn us enough points to stay up, we need to show some adventure if we want to stay in this league.

Jan 30, 2008
Well with our current form, lackluster tactics, Unability to score. Strange subs. Looks like he has lost his team too. Is it time we start looking for another manager?

I know this is set up for me to get torn to shreds by some of the hardcore among you like last time but to be honest i couldn't give a hoot now.

What would you do in this current situation we're facing outselves in?

Is it time we give Hughton the chop and get someone else in or keep him on and getting relegated? Thats the way it feels at the moment

" COULDN'T GIVE A HOOT " how bloody nice of you :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
regards
DR

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyone would think we were cut adrift in a hopeless position. The teams below us will still have to keep picking up points even if we don’t if they want to overtake us. They will also have to play teams above them in the table

I don't think anyone is in any doubt about that and probably weren't before today either. It is just the way we went about our business today, which rightly, throws so many doubts in so many heads. We haven't moved on or learnt from the Huddersfield game, which is worrying.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I don't think anyone is in any doubt about that and probably weren't before today either. It is just the way we went about our business today, which rightly, throws so many doubts in so many heads. We haven't moved on or learnt from the Huddersfield game, which is worrying.

Nobody was criticising him when we were doing well early doors so he has proved that he can get things right. Also when you look at the amount of draws that should have been wins I suspect you can look at the players or lack of striker as a reason rather than the manager. Prime example is the Bruno penalty against Everton, hardly Hughton’s fault. OK at times he looks tactically naive but I have faith that he knows what he is doing and why he is doing it so will give him the benefit of the doubt as believe he has earnt that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nobody was criticising him when we were doing well early doors so he has proved that he can get things right. Also when you look at the amount of draws that should have been wins I suspect you can look at the players or lack of striker as a reason rather than the manager. Prime example is the Bruno penalty against Everton, hardly Hughton’s fault. OK at times he looks tactically naive but I have faith that he knows what he is doing and why he is doing it so will give him the benefit of the doubt as believe he has earnt that.

The buzzword around the Amex for the past couple of years is #together. Therefore as one, they should be blamed, and praised, #together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here