Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Farages twitter feed is a cracking read today now he has backtracked on yesterday according to the BBC.
Get the feeling he just trolled the whole country for more audience figures on LBC........bantz!

He's a single issue f**kwit desperately trying to stay relevant, of course he's trolling.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Farages twitter feed is a cracking read today now he has backtracked on yesterday according to the BBC.
Get the feeling he just trolled the whole country for more audience figures on LBC........bantz!

He's certainly attention seeking but as he's doing the rounds on the airways this morning he's reaffirmed his view that having met with Barnier we'll be offered a poor deal, which he thinks the Commons and Lords won't like, and the Leave side need to be ready for another vote and not to be complacent on the issue.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Well he is just a real life Russian troll bot, what do you expect?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He's certainly attention seeking but as he's doing the rounds on the airways this morning he's reaffirmed his view that having met with Barnier we'll be offered a poor deal, which he thinks the Commons and Lords won't like, and the Leave side need to be ready for another vote and not to be complacent on the issue.

Yes, we can all see what he is saying. he is all over every channel. The media are lapping him up.
Meanwhile in the real world reasoned political analysis sees the option of Farages doing the referendum again as a non starter given Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn have ruled out a second vote.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42651525

Got to love how he barks though and the media come running, i bet other politicians in opposition are furious they cant get this sort of media attention.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes, we can all see what he is saying. he is all over every channel. The media are lapping him up.
Meanwhile in the real world reasoned political analysis sees the option of Farages doing the referendum again as a non starter given Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn have ruled out a second vote.

Got to love how he barks though and the media come running, i bet other politicians in opposition are furious they cant get this sort of media attention.

May always sticks to her word when ruling out votes too.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
She has stuck to her guns when ruling out another referendum......so has Jeremy............born of the same cloth those two.

Oh how sweet - you're clutching at the Jeremy Corbyn straw as well as the strong and stable Tory PM one to rule out a second referendum to uphold your precious little England ideology. Perhaps you should let Nigel Farage and Arron Bnaks know, so they can crawl back under their rocks.

I wouldn't trust a word Theresa May says about anything. For what it's worth, as of the here and now, I don't think a second referendum will happen, but frankly with politics now nothing would surprise me anymore.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh how sweet - you're clutching at the Jeremy Corbyn straw as well as the strong and stable Tory PM one to rule out a second referendum to uphold your precious little England ideology. Perhaps you should let Nigel Farage and Arron Bnaks know, so they can crawl back under their rocks.

I wouldn't trust a word Theresa May says about anything. For what it's worth, as of the here and now, I don't think a second referendum will happen, but frankly with politics now nothing would surprise me anymore.

I agree with you, a second referendum wont happen. We have always told you it wouldnt happen, i am pleased you have finally seen the light and complied to what we were telling you all along.
You lost a little bit more of the credibility you have been losing for ages anyway when you resorted to "little England" by the way........soooooo 2016 and predictable, you lot really dont help yourselves

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The issue for May is that she would have to back whatever deal her team come up with, even though it will be patently shite, thereby fully attaching herself to Brexit, whereas currently she has some image as a remainer trying to do her best and can distance herself a little from the crap that will follow it, as it was not her idea, it was ours.
If there is one, she would be tempted to state impartiality, and not campaign at all, but what sort of a leader is that?

Corbyn does not want to be put in the uncomfortable position of choosing to either support the Tory deal, support a hard Brexit, or support remain, which he was uncomfortable with in the first place, and is even less so now he thinks more people want it.

May says she will not hold another referendum, but Parliament may insist, if the deal is one that the majority feel is no good for us, I don't think they will feel comfortable rejecting it without asking us if we agree.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I agree with you, a second referendum wont happen. We have always told you it wouldnt happen, i am pleased you have finally seen the light and complied to what we were telling you all along.
You lost a little bit more of the credibility you have been losing for ages anyway when you resorted to "little England" by the way........soooooo 2016 and predictable, you lot really dont help yourselves

Finally seen the light to what you were telling me all along? Please don't flatter yourself. I've never thought a second referendum was on the cards and I still don't, as of the here and now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Right now, no referendum has to be the official line, so as not to fetter the negotiations. A bit similar to Cameron insisting he would not resign if he lost the referendum, so as not to turn it into a vote to get him out. I think another referendum is quite likely to happen.
Personally I don't think the EU would play that game of chicken, but then I am not an EU conspiracy theorist as some seem to be.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Right now, no referendum has to be the official line, so as not to fetter the negotiations. A bit similar to Cameron insisting he would not resign if he lost the referendum, so as not to turn it into a vote to get him out. I think another referendum is quite likely to happen.
Personally I don't think the EU would play that game of chicken, but then I am not an EU conspiracy theorist as some seem to be.

Another IN/OUT referendum or a referendum on the final deal that our Parliament and the EU Parliament are voting on as well?.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Another IN/OUT referendum or a referendum on the final deal that our Parliament and the EU Parliament are voting on as well?.

On the deal, accept it or revoke A50 and remain. I don't think anyone (sane) sees leaving without a deal as a reasonable option any more.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think about I know about 4 EU officials, all minor, but, yes, I am still counting. I think that is the only question in your post.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you think it is an industry that needs regulating? Do you think that Brexit Britain might be tempted to have less regulation than the EU if possible, so as to be more competitive?

I think the regulation and oversight it has at the moment is pathetic.So called auditors,internal and external,passing off accounts that were like something from a banana republic,or the EU,hardly qualify as a watchdog.The whole corrupt heap needs fumigating,drain the swamp indeed.Perhaps we could be the first to re-introduce honesty as a concept to the finance world,if all the corrupt ones go to Frankfurt/Paris.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here