Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bit desperate tonight arnt you.
Stringfellow had already come out as a Tory remainer before the referendum, hardly news he is still miffed.
He is also the same political wizard that thought Hugh Hefner should have run for president.

Who are you going to raise onto your remain pedestal tomorrow?..The Chuckle Brothers?

Has David Davis got a brother?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Cameron secured an exemption to ever closer union which would be confirmed in treaty changes later on at the time of their revision. “Ever closer union” though isn’t a legal basis for increased EU power, Camerons deal on this was simply a symbolic political statement rather than a legal one as its inclusion wouldn’t change the UK`s relationship with the EU.
As with the rest of his supposed brilliant package it was laughable, the only people who thought he had got a good deal were remainers (surprise surprise), everyone else saw the package as the hot air it was.

That was the point.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That was the point.

Precisely.
He wanted “special status” that was legally binding to a problem that didn’t really present itself legally as a problem anyway. His hot air package was akin to moving the deckchairs about on the titanic and claiming he had saved the day, a narrative only bought hook line and sinker by gullible Europhiles .
Its why his whole deal was ridiculed from the outset and rejected as inconsequential with regard to the referendum vote, which was obviously a blow to his whole thinking process.
Mind you at that stage he still had the usual political class arrogant mindset that everything was dandy and there was no chance of losing.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Probably. His meeting with Barnier earlier in the week seems to have tipped him into paranoia though. 23:30 in.........

[tweet]951531709689946113[/tweet]

You couldn't make this stuff up....we were told by Farage and the leave campaigners that the EU would be bending over backwards to offer us a good deal in negotiations! Now he is admitting that we are in line for a crap deal.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You couldn't make this stuff up....we were told by Farage and the leave campaigners that the EU would be bending over backwards to offer us a good deal in negotiations! Now he is admitting that we are in line for a crap deal.

Must admit I thought Farage would backtrack and play it down, instead he goes through a process of reinforcement. If I was a Brextremist I'd be pretty dismayed

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
What a great day for the Remoaners.Farage calls for a second referendum and Trump cancels his visit thus ending any chance of a trade deal.Brilliant.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What a great day for the Remoaners.Farage calls for a second referendum and Trump cancels his visit thus ending any chance of a trade deal.Brilliant.

Not sure what to make of your first post on this thread.
I see however other sections of NSC are calling you a troll who argues anything for the sake of trolling and seeking attention.

Takes all sorts on here however.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I see however other sections of NSC are calling you a troll who argues anything for the sake of trolling and seeking attention.

You've been researching me?spooky.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You've been researching me?spooky.

Umm no, i know it was your first post on here because i dont remember you posting anything,i have a good memory on some issues, correct me if im wrong about it being your first one though, and i dont need to research you, you are being called a troll on other threads, all i have to do is read them the same as i have been reading many threads over the years.

Hello anyway :bigwave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Judging from his posts on the chivalry thread he’s a bit, shall we say, frustrated.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Umm no, i know it was your first post on here because i dont remember you posting anything,i have a good memory on some issues, correct me if im wrong about it being your first one though, and i dont need to research you, you are being called a troll on other threads, all i have to do is read them the same as i have been reading many threads over the years.

Hello anyway :bigwave:

Stop researching me I said and keep away from those burgers.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Cool story, reading other threads and seeing that you contribute on them now constitutes following you like a bitter ex.
Paranoid much?

Add to that quoting many of my posts whilst having his claws out.

I don't know if he identifies as a man or woman.It's hard to tell.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Farages twitter feed is a cracking read today now he has backtracked on yesterday according to the BBC.
Get the feeling he just trolled the whole country for more audience figures on LBC........bantz!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here