Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned from pub for being Albion fan

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Me and my mate got thrown out of the 'Albion' kebab shop in Queens rd for singing Albion, Albion, after one particular good victory.
Bloke in there said he supported Man U.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Lion n Lobster bans Albion.

A mate of mine told me recently that an Albion fan, has been banned from the Lion & Lobster for being an Albion fan.
I only heard about it recently and he didn't want to make a fuss, but it looks like another pub that used to be a proper Brighton pub has gone down the toilet.
Apparently it happened when a load of Albion complained that the mgr of the pub was showing a Chelsea game on the main pub screens but had put the Albion one on the 1 screen at the back. Must have been a while back (I heard the story last week). Brizzle away prob?

Anyway, apparently loads of other Albion were crammed in the back while 3 people watched the premeir game in the main bar, loads complained online pointing out it's a Brighton pub and shouldn't put Chelsea match over an Albion one, but this bloke was recognised and banned by the mgr. Seems harsh. Crap pub in my view anyway, but feel a bit sorry for the bloke, not v nice is it. Boycott?

hmmm. This stinks of 'personal agenda' to me.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
This quote reminds me of a story of the mother of a friend of mine when she began to get dementia, when she was getting old and was forgetting things and acting erratically. So I went to visit her when I went back home to visit family. Conversation went like this

How are you Mrs M ? - Oh son I think I'm gon a wee bit mental or a wee bit doo-lally

Don't be silly Mrs M, your not going mad, what happened ?

I got banned from the Chemist shop at the top of the road, she said.

Don' be daft I said, nobody gets banned fro a chemist. People get banned from pubs. They get banned from Football grounds. They get banned from Betting shops but they don't get banned from chemists. What did you get banned for ?

I hit a woman who was standing in line waiting to pick up a prescription.

Why did you hit her I said ? - I don't know she replied that's why I think I must be going mad.

Well if you can't remember and you hit someone in the Chemist there must have been a good reason for doing that because nobody hit someone in a queue for no reason . I think she must have done something to deserve it, I said trying to reassure her that she wasn't going a wee bit daft.

AYE she said your probably right

There you go Mrs M - I told you there is no a thing wrong with you !

Well that in turn reminds of something my aunt told me a few years back. We were talking about my young cousin, her boyfriend was at the time in HM Lewes. I asked what he'd done. "Driving without insurance" she said, "sounds a bit harsh" said I. "Well he didn't stop, when the Police asked him to", "Oh, ok, still a little harsh". I won't bore you with the rest, but it included driving whilst banned, crashing the motor, assaulting a police officer, oh yeah, and being found in possession of class A drugs. Still, a little harsh, I'm sure you'll agree.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't get why people bring their dog out with them when they are planning on having a family meal in town.

Nor me. We've got three dogs and the only time we ever take them to pubs is in the summer - and then we only ever sit outside.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Pub on Isle of Wight downed a United match in favour of the Albion, then for an encore refused to let the band set up until the game was over. I may go back.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well that in turn reminds of something my aunt told me a few years back. We were talking about my young cousin, her boyfriend was at the time in HM Lewes. I asked what he'd done. "Driving without insurance" she said, "sounds a bit harsh" said I. "Well he didn't stop, when the Police asked him to", "Oh, ok, still a little harsh". I won't bore you with the rest, but it included driving whilst banned, crashing the motor, assaulting a police officer, oh yeah, and being found in possession of class A drugs. Still, a little harsh, I'm sure you'll agree.

I think yours is quite funny as well but I have a warped sense of humour at times.

However in mine Mrs M was an 80 year old lady I had known since her son and I started school together age 5 and we are now in our 50s, so I had a lot of affection for. She wasn't quite in the Ronnie Biggs mode. She merely had dementia and I was trying to make a joke of it with her to stop her feeling bad about herself.

I thought it was funny but maybe you needed to be there to get the tone of our conversation.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I personally wouldnt want to eat in a pub that had dogs roaming around and being handed food by their owners and I love dogs but there is a time and place for everything.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I personally wouldnt want to eat in a pub that had dogs roaming around and being handed food by their owners and I love dogs but there is a time and place for everything.

Every pub is obliged to admit guide dogs per the disability laws.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every pub is obliged to admit guide dogs per the disability laws.

I accept that but not dogs in general roaming and being hand fed. Mind you I objected to a customer brininging a large Alsation in and letting it lay by the bar. The owner said he is harmless but as I pointed out other customers didnt know that and were intimidated by his presence.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
'...only drinking' in a pub. You should be ashamed of yourself.
We need an updated list of pubs where the only thing you can (or would want to ) do is drink. The Mitre is one. Oh and The Cleveland near Blakers Park (until it gets refurbished no doubt).

Evening Star.

I believe there's an added bonus that if you don't serve food, you aren't allowed to have kids on the premises. Win-win.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I used to drink in the pub in Cambridge that became the first one to be part of the City Pub Company, and have met a couple of the Directors. Nice enough blokes - ex City workers, I think. Not into sport at all, though, so I'm more surprised the pub had ANY football match on in the first place.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
We need an updated list of pubs where the only thing you can (or would want to ) do is drink. The Mitre is one. Oh and The Cleveland near Blakers Park (until it gets refurbished no doubt).

The Clevo refurb might be happening soon, along with food. Get your ales only nights in while you still can.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I accept that but not dogs in general roaming and being hand fed. Mind you I objected to a customer brininging a large Alsation in and letting it lay by the bar. The owner said he is harmless but as I pointed out other customers didnt know that and were intimidated by his presence.

This is a fair point as some people are scared of dogs, but dog owners just don't get this could be possible and generally just assume saying 'hes alright' will cure all fears.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Our local pub even lets customers dogs roam around the restaurant area. Now that I do object to.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

the Bell, Admiral, Neptune, the Bear

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Lion n Lobster bans Albion.

A mate of mine told me recently that an Albion fan, has been banned from the Lion & Lobster for being an Albion fan.
I only heard about it recently and he didn't want to make a fuss, but it looks like another pub that used to be a proper Brighton pub has gone down the toilet.
Apparently it happened when a load of Albion complained that the mgr of the pub was showing a Chelsea game on the main pub screens but had put the Albion one on the 1 screen at the back. Must have been a while back (I heard the story last week). Brizzle away prob?

Anyway, apparently loads of other Albion were crammed in the back while 3 people watched the premeir game in the main bar, loads complained online pointing out it's a Brighton pub and shouldn't put Chelsea match over an Albion one, but this bloke was recognised and banned by the mgr. Seems harsh. Crap pub in my view anyway, but feel a bit sorry for the bloke, not v nice is it. Boycott?

Going solely by all the evidence you've given us, absolutely.

You don't own a pub close-by do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here