Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocognoli fit for Newcastle game

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh please BG behave, has Bong proved he is good enough for the Premier League ? just because Pullis does not play him does not mean he is not good enough.

There is just as much chance of Bong being released, and Poc being back up to a new left back if we make it up.

I would suggest that Bong is the better option but it may prove that neither are good enough to be no 1. I certainly do not see Pocognoli as an improvement on Bong an equal perhaps but not better.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The slim-messenger will be fine. Trust me, the tactics will work.

Hmm, not too sure about this, we park under the same tree at Mithras House when possible, every game, the only ones we haven't,this season, Brentford, Preston, and Ipswich.
Notice a pattern, we even leave home early now to make sure we get the same spot.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh please BG behave, has Bong proved he is good enough for the Premier League ? just because Pullis does not play him does not mean he is not good enough.

There is just as much chance of Bong being released, and Poc being back up to a new left back if we make it up.

BG is a big fan of GB

BG has an ally in CH with that regard although SP is the better footballer GB offers a lot more strength and power defensively. GB and SP are very different type players so there is an argument for both of them to play.

Its a nice position to be in when we are not so worried about who plays LB any more. Far cry from last year when BG was scouring Europe for potential LBs to cover our long term injuries there.

Have I covered that sufficiently for you BG [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hmm, not too sure about this, we park under the same tree at Mithras House when possible, every game, the only ones we haven't,this season, Brentford, Preston, and Ipswich.
Notice a pattern, we even leave home early now to make sure we get the same spot.

I guess you've already left the car there for tomorrow ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BG is a big fan of GB

BG has an ally in CH with that regard although SP is the better footballer GB offers a lot more strength and power defensively. GB and SP are very different type players so there is an argument for both of them to play.

Its a nice position to be in when we are not so worried about who plays LB any more. Far cry from last year when BG was scouring Europe for potential LBs to cover our long term injuries there.

Have I covered that sufficiently for you BG [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] ?

I am happy with either but SP does not give me the defensive heebie jeebies GB does regularly. I feel more confident is SP's defending personally

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I try to use the same urinal each time before the match, Friday night that one was busy so rather than wait I chose a different one, slightly awkward staring at the Albion ladies poster while standing there, but it didn't have an effect on the result - but I now face the dilemma tomorrow night do I go back to the original or do I stick with the ladies.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am happy with either but SP does not give me the defensive heebie jeebies GB does regularly. I feel more confident is SP's defending personally

Strange how people see things differently. I like SP going forward but not as much defensively as GB and I also think Jamie links better with GB. SP has been decent defensively recently but we have been on the front foot a lot in those games

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do you keep in it?

Depends.

The slim messenger is used for out and about local and UK day trips; typically it will contain my phone, passport, wallet (man purse), keysiPad and any paper I need to read (typically German home work these days). I often carry my phone in my pocket but hate loading up my pockets with anything else.

The new tote is used for overnighters, like last Saturday, so it will carry the aforementioned plus a tooth brush, toothpaste, deodorant and phone charger and fresh socks, pants and tee.

Last edited:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hopefully an unchanged lineup for the third game in a row. This is good news especially when Tomer, Solly and Beram are waiting in the wings if needed.

I don't think it will be, personally I think tiredness led to the drop in intensity in the Ipswich game and we struggled a little. We have a decent squad and I would like to see a few pairs of fresh legs on the pitch. I think Solly could play over Murphy (despite his MOM performance), Hemed could play instead of Murray and possibly Kayal into the team for Sidwell.

CH has got so many things right this season, but I do wish he would make changes earlier, especially with two games close together. 15 mins isn't enough for someone like Akpom to get in to the game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I try to use the same urinal each time before the match, Friday night that one was busy so rather than wait I chose a different one, slightly awkward staring at the Albion ladies poster while standing there, but it didn't have an effect on the result - but I now face the dilemma tomorrow night do I go back to the original or do I stick with the ladies.

What were you doing using the Amex urinals on Friday night? If you broke in expecting to find money, the tills were all empty you know.

The game was on Saturday.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That's great news!

(But we do of course have to temper our excitement. Look at the source!!!)

Mar 2, 2014
Pocognoli is obviously superior to Bong, but I don't really think that either of them are Premier League standard. If we go up, I would release Bong and sign Pocognoli but with the intention of signing a first choice left back with proven Premier League experience. They aren't easy to come by, and they're not cheap, but the defence keeps you up, or sees you relegated. It's the most important area of the pitch to invest in.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Pocognoli is obviously superior to Bong, but I don't really think that either of them are Premier League standard. If we go up, I would release Bong and sign Pocognoli but with the intention of signing a first choice left back with proven Premier League experience. They aren't easy to come by, and they're not cheap, but the defence keeps you up, or sees you relegated. It's the most important area of the pitch to invest in.

We're in The Championship and fortunate to be furnished with good quality players for our needs at LB right now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Hmmm... I'm not sure I agree that Poc is not Prem class...

Mar 2, 2014
Hmmm... I'm not sure I agree that Poc is not Prem class...

I think anyone CAN play in the Premier League. But whether we'd thrive with him in the team, I'm not sure. I'm not having a go at him, he's very solid and a class above at this level but I trust Tony Pulis' judgement, and he didn't fancy him. There's a reason for that, although I'd be happy with him in the team I think he might struggle with the increased quality. Every now and again he'll have a moment of a lapse in concentration, or he'll misplace a simple pass. It's those sorts of things that worry me a little bit, every mistake is punished in the Premier League.

It's a concern for another day, bottom line is that I'd sign him whatever league we're in next season. We'll worry about the Premier League when we're at that level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here