Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sportsman Withdean

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I had a Christmas meal at Saltdean, which was very good. Stonehouse do pizzas, but they also still do carveries.

I'm relieved to hear that. I'm really not a pizza person. I remember the Sportsman in it's pre carvery days, and it was really very good. Amazing value as a carvery of course, and particularly handy for an early morning fry up before clambering on to the Liz Costa Express to away games.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It's a ****ing joke, their pizza menu.

Includes Duck and Hoisin pizza and Fish Finger pizza.

http://www.stonehouserestaurants.co.uk/content/dam/stonehouse/pdf/ln16/pizzamenu-taw.pdf

Looking at the other items on the menu I'd be surpirsed if anything they 'cook' is actually fresh.

There's so little in that area that you'd think with a little effort they could do okay, but not with that menu. I live 10 minutes walk away and will never go, despite it being the only pub in the area.

So basically you're enraged that they have all the pizzas you'd expect, I note they have standards like pepperoni, ham and mushroom, and a meat feast, while also doing something a little different?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's a ****ing joke, their pizza menu.

Includes Duck and Hoisin pizza and Fish Finger pizza.

http://www.stonehouserestaurants.co.uk/content/dam/stonehouse/pdf/ln16/pizzamenu-taw.pdf

Looking at the other items on the menu I'd be surpirsed if anything they 'cook' is actually fresh.

There's so little in that area that you'd think with a little effort they could do okay, but not with that menu. I live 10 minutes walk away and will never go, despite it being the only pub in the area.

I wholeheartedly agree when it comes to duck pizza. Don't tell my wife though, she loves her Italian/Chinese combo of Peking Duck Pizza at the Bull pub in Shermanbury. To my mind never should the words duck and pizza be used in the same sentence.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
anyone got any pictures of Albion fans in the sportsman from back in the day ?

You could barely get through the door for a couple of hours before and after a game on a match day.

Which leaves me to wonder how they managed to cope with such a large downturn in income after the move to the Amex.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So basically you're enraged that they have all the pizzas you'd expect, I note they have standards like pepperoni, ham and mushroom, and a meat feast, while also doing something a little different?

I think enraged is pushing it a bit but you could say I'm a bit miffed that such establishments get away with pushing the shit that they do, but I just won't go there so hey ho, whatever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here