Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2-0 Elphick. We want 7

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Well done and congratulations to The Rebels, and thanks for the updates Phil. :clap2:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Rock solid work from the Rebels today, early goals settled them down and was never really in doubt against 10-man Faversham, who actually did pretty well to make a game of it. Good atmosphere and nice to see Worthing on the up, and able to resume pleasantries with Bognor. Another boost for Sussex football. :clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Worthing played some very nice stuff and were worthy winners today.

I thought the red card, which was very, very harsh, might spoil the contest but Faversham continued to compete well and you wouldn't have known they were down to 10 men.

As someone who doesn't see much live football beyond the Albion, it was great to be part of a small (although big for Worthing, I appreciate) crowd being so close to the action and with a pint in hand. I will make more of an effort to get to Worthing games next season when I'm not at an Albion away game.

Particularly pleased for George Dowell who has poured his life into Worthing after his accident. A very inspirational young man.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Dodgy first goal? Offside third goal? Soft sending off. The fortunes favoured Worthing today. Faversham tried hard but offered little. I liked the Worthing no. 2 very much. Good atmosphere. The worst, most unsporting presentation ceremony I've ever seen, not even "a round of applause" for the losers.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Some very contentious refereeing decisions this afternoon..a lot went Worthing's way.

First goal - Never over the line. The Faversham player was standing on the line when he cleared the ball.
Red Card - Yellow card at best for Faversham Striker. The Worthing player clutched his face and made a meal of it. The red card really changed the game as Worthing were easily able to control the game against 10 men.
Third Goal - Scored by Maguire Drew was offside. At least three yards off. Cooly finished by the Albion loanee I must add.

Well done Worthing FC on sealing promotion today. Cracking attendance and gate receipts for a lower league club.

Edit: Well said Merry Prankster as well...definitely weren't standing next to you during the game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dodgy first goal? Offside third goal? Soft sending off. The fortunes favoured Worthing today. Faversham tried hard but offered little. I liked the Worthing no. 2 very much. Good atmosphere. The worst, most unsporting presentation ceremony I've ever seen, not even "a round of applause" for the losers.

We'd made a dash by the time of the presentation.

Some Faversham fans hadn't taken the first half very well and as the ref left the field they were surrounding the tunnel, where we happened to be standing, giving it full on "**** off back to Ramsgate you cheating c*nt" repeatedly. Ever being a man of the people, [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] asked them to refrain due to the number of young children in close proximity.

You're above me.

Dreadful decision from the ref. Worthing lad holding his face didn't help him.

5cdc88996d90f96df63f59181b09443a.jpg

Should have gone to specsavers! Clearly struck/slapped his face - obvious red. Ruined the game but thems the rules

My favourite bit was watching the guy on crutches heading the first wave of pitch invasion - why is that always comical :lolol:

Not sure what to make of Worthing, they didnt seem better than the Burgess Hill team of last season that struggled this.

Artificial pitch a bit weird, the little bits of dust/fake grass that shower up when the ball bounces

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here