Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thanks

So that's you, Westdene Seagull and Ppf in the WTO camp. Any others ?

James Dyson, Anthony Bamford to name but two FAR more successful people than anyone on here ( possibly excluding the disgustingly rich Steve Foster, or so he claims ).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OUT and WTO is basically the end of the UK and parliament won't let it happen. We will not have Brexit at any cost. Thank you again Gina

As I say, you live in cloud cuckoo land. It's nice that you hold a media whore who was in it only for her own gains in such high regard.

Now maybe you'll give us your intellectual musings on inflation dropping DESPITE Brexit ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
OUT and WTO is basically the end of the UK and parliament won't let it happen. We will not have Brexit at any cost. Thank you again Gina

Irrespective of Northern Ireland, it still bemuses me people think WTO is actually an option when Dover and The Channel Tunnel handled over 4 million lorries last year.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As I say, you live in cloud cuckoo land. It's nice that you hold a media whore who was in it only for her own gains in such high regard.

Now maybe you'll give us your intellectual musings on inflation dropping DESPITE Brexit ?

Media whore, nice. You'll thank her one day

Yes dollar weakening a fair bit so down to 2.7% still outstripping wages though, a rate rise in May seems likely so something for the old people

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Irrespective of Northern Ireland, it still bemuses me people think WTO is actually an option when Dover and The Channel Tunnel handled over 4 million lorries last year.

That's why Boris wants a bridge across the channel it can double as a lorry park

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

But both options were to be closed according to some on here!As the great majority of those lorry movements were involved with EU exports to the UK,they would have to adapt and negotiate a way forward if they still wanted to sell to us,WTO or whatever trade rules.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But both options were to be closed according to some on here!As the great majority of those lorry movements were involved with EU exports to the UK,they would have to adapt and negotiate a way forward if they still wanted to sell to us,WTO or whatever trade rules.

Chris Grayling said last week there won't be any checks at Dover, so that's all fine for EU exports to here and also any road freight in transit through here going to The Republic of Ireland, because he obviously really knows what he's talking about, so it's just the question of what France, as well as The Republic of Ireland have to do on their border customs checks as per EU laws if we become a 3rd country on purely WTO terms.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No-one updated the thread title yet? :angel:

Draft Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community

Article 168
Entry into force and application

“This Agreement shall enter into force on 30 March 2019.”

Whats an hour between mates eh.
You cant be that desperate to claim that back surely?

So it's time to stop f***ing around and tell us what you want -

In the EU

or Out and WTO :shrug:

Why is your personal default option OUT and WTO, you are very much out of step with current EU thinking, it was only a few days ago Mr Tusk delivered his draft guidelines for our future relationship.

“Prime Minister Theresa May confirmed that the UK will leave the Single Market, leave the customs union and leave the jurisdiction of the ECJ (European Court of Justice). Therefore, it should come as no surprise that the only remaining possible model is a free trade agreement. I hope that it will be ambitious and advanced” D.Tusk

I hope you have written to him outlining your frustration and disgust at the idea of OUT and a FTA, are you angry because OUT and a FTA was precisely what Leave said should and would happen during the referendum campaign?
Of course though if a trade deal was so crap that no deal would be better than the crap deal then OUT and WTO it is.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Whats this weeks remainer blathering about. It seems to change so much as each campaign of the week falls by the wayside I can't keep up with it

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Draft Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community

Article 168
Entry into force and application

“This Agreement shall enter into force on 30 March 2019.”

Whats an hour between mates eh.
You cant be that desperate to claim that back surely?

Isn't that EU time? so an hour earlier GMT?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Summary of my position:

1) I don’t like the European Union in practise. Although I like the idea. I’m very much an internationalist

2) I voted to remain, although I felt it was Hobson’s choice

3) My fear is an inward looking nation of endless right wing government and the break up of the UK. A model that is totally governed by Capital and erodes ideals that still have value and support in many walks of live (NHS, social security, pensions etc)

4) BREXIT must go ahead. The decision has been made

5) The EU has too many political careers at stake to allow it to work too much in the UK’s favour.

6) God knows what happens next- and I’m not even sure God knows.

I agree with all of this except #4

That's like deciding to leave the house without a coat because someone told you it was sunny, only to find it's sh|tting down with rain when you open the door, but think "oh well, decision made"

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Oh aye, Trumpski will be going down for sure.

Muller will be more likely to see a cell(Sedition), with Ronstein and Hillary and a load of others. Usually there are 4 to 6 investigations going on into corruption, there are about 27 atm involving government corruption.

First will be the deep state where DNC and beurocrats go to jail.

Then there will be the audit of the Federal Reserve where bankers and republicans got to jail.
There are reasons both sides fear Trump.

But keep listening to fake news and the fake Russian involvement in the election, collusion etc. pffffft

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I agree with all of this except #4

That's like deciding to leave the house without a coat because someone told you it was sunny, only to find it's sh|tting down with rain when you open the door, but think "oh well, decision made"

Except that there was a majority decision that coats weren't need, and thus, all coats were sent elsewhere.

A small majority wanted to walk in the rain but claim it's warm and the rain will soon clear up.

As the house is being vacated you can no longer remain there.

Best get with it and hope they're right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCusyLPrFCo

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Except that there was a majority decision that coats weren't need, and thus, all coats were sent elsewhere.

A small majority wanted to walk in the rain but claim it's warm and the rain will soon clear up.

As the house is being vacated you can no longer remain there.

Best get with it.
tick tock tick tock :)
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Im not convinced anybody is actually offended by being labelled racist, its a label that when used simply shows the person using it has run out of ideas and is not quite intelligent enough to engage in reasoned debate.Its more of a frustration against lazy stereotyping than offence.Likewise its a bit lazy to stereotype 100% of racists probably voted Leave, most of the country by now is fully aware of the racist problem of anti-semitism held amongst the ranks of the Labour party and a cursory glance at statistics will show anyone Labour supporters played a large part in voting to remain, as of course they did to vote Leave, but it would be a desperate silly sausage kind of person who would claim all anti semites voted Leave.There was indeed a court case recently of a guy that was individually accused of being racist, i believe he received damages, this shouldnt concern any individual on here though as being far more intelligent than everyone else is a rock solid stance against anything actionable.

Anti-semitism is rife everywhere, none more so than in the corridors of power.
The Establishment has shown prejudice on a massive scale for hundreds of years. Many Jews rise rapidly through the political ranks and although some achieve high office ( Howard, Joseph, Brittan etc ) they are always precluded from the biggest job. Ed Milliband made a massive mistake in stating that he wanted to become " Britain's first Jewish PM " He failed to recognise that Disraeli had been born a Jew and had switched to be Anglican but more importantly he tied a political noose around his own neck.
It is particularly rife in Europe and will always be with us. It may appear there is a problem within the Labour Party but it is far more deep rooted than that and it is not only the far right that has issues with the Jewish community.

Jan 30, 2008
Anti-semitism is rife everywhere, none more so than in the corridors of power.
The Establishment has shown prejudice on a massive scale for hundreds of years. Many Jews rise rapidly through the political ranks and although some achieve high office ( Howard, Joseph, Brittan etc ) they are always precluded from the biggest job. Ed Milliband made a massive mistake in stating that he wanted to become " Britain's first Jewish PM " He failed to recognise that Disraeli had been born a Jew and had switched to be Anglican but more importantly he tied a political noose around his own neck.
It is particularly rife in Europe and will always be with us. It may appear there is a problem within the Labour Party but it is far more deep rooted than that and it is not only the far right that has issues with the Jewish community.
any particular reason for all this ill feeling ?
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here