Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] unregistered schools

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Of course they should be closed. Religion shouldn't be allowed within a million miles of the education system, it's regressive and divisive and we fill children's heads with this Bronze age twaddle at our peril.

This isn't about "normal" faith schools, which are subject to all the normal OFSTED inspections and stuff, and which would be subject to the national curriculum which would put some sort of limit on what they can do.......

........ and as a person of Faith, I don't particularly approve of Faith schools.

This is about " schools" which are not registered, and so OFSTED has no jurisdiction over them. It is OFSTED, though, which has raised the concerns about 1) how these "schools" are operating and 2) the fact that they are powerless to do anything about it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Absolute crap , but you like to spin it that way because its a bit of a prickly subject that needs to be brushed under the carpet for some reason ,there's no need for any of this regardless of race or creed
regards
DR

Absolute crap yourself. It isn't a prickly subject. It is probably coincidental that lots of the so-called schools involved in this are "faith" schools. What matters is the welfare of the children involved. It says in the report about squalor. The Government (I think it was Cameron) which allowed this to happen was stupid in the extreme.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think I’d close the school [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] went to. Or at least the English department.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
All religous schools should be banned.

In fact all religion should be banned

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
So do we all agree that the more control the government has over what our children are allowed to hear, the better?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How am I brushing it under the carpet, you Muppet? I said I'd close them all down.
I just don't trust your motives. Ever
You're brandishing the racism card - there was no need to bring up accusations of racism at all. Totally irrelevant. It doesn't matter whether the OP is racist or not, male or female, hetero or homosexual, right or left, the point made is valid. These schools should be closed down.
The OP may or may not be racist - it doesn't matter in this context - but the schools we want closed down certainly are racist.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So do we all agree that the more control the government has over what our children are allowed to hear, the better?

As they are democratically elected, and can be thrown out after five years, essentially yes. You'd rather it was controlled by organised religion (in some cases the extreme versions of said religions)?

No? Then who?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I don't think that is what this is about. It's protection of the children involved for a large part. OFSTED and the like cover all sorts of things over and above what is actually taught.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Grow up?

I'm not the one with an imaginary friend

When I said grow up. I meant it in terms of tolerance, each to his own. etc. I would stick by that.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Grow up?

I'm not the one with an imaginary friend

So how would you ban people from having "an imaginary friend" as you put it and what would you propose as a suitable punishment for those that continued to fraternise with their imaginary friend. It's a bit like saying you'd ban mental illness. You can't police peoples' thoughts or beliefs.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think I’d close the school [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] went to. Or at least the English department.

We went to the same school, but I was the sporty popular one, you were the snide school punch bag, how Tideway ever produced such a pompous, self serving wimp god only knows :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolute crap yourself. It isn't a prickly subject. It is probably coincidental that lots of the so-called schools involved in this are "faith" schools. What matters is the welfare of the children involved. It says in the report about squalor. The Government (I think it was Cameron) which allowed this to happen was stupid in the extreme.

If you are referring to the support for 'faith schools', it was Blaire, and the reason why left the labour party.

As it happens I agree with [MENTION=17374]Bulldog[/MENTION]. Schools should be absolutly secular. And I speak as one who went to a C of E primary school, church every other Wednesday, and a secondary school that held Christian prayer each morning, and where I learned much of what eventually became part of my moral outlook.

For me all schools (including private, whether Eton or a back street madrasa) should be compelled to teach the national curriculum and forbidden from 'teaching' religion or engaging in religious worship. Morality and eithics can be part of the curriculum, and even study of comparative religion, if undertaken appropriately.

But allowing 'schools' to teach doctrine as truth, regardless of whether or not they bother teaching anything else that is actually worthwhile on the national curriculum, should not be legal. Indoctrination coupled with denial of proper education equals child abuse.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
All religous schools should be banned.

In fact all religion should be banned

Why always a rush to ban stuff. Most reasonable people know religion is all tosh, why not just disprove it with argument. Banning things doesn't make it go away.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why always a rush to ban stuff. Most reasonable people know religion is all tosh, why not just disprove it with argument. Banning things doesn't make it go away.
How about make it a criminal offence?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here