Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Homeland Season 7

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Returns to our screens Sunday February 18, my Mrs series linked it last night in SD, I went in and canx, re doing it in HD and it caused the mother of all rows, why do women love SD so much!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I haven’t watched it since series 2 (or 3?), is it worth getting back into?
I’ve just finished Peaky Blinders and need something else.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’m still struggling to get through series 5 on Netflix. Certainly gone downhill since they got rid of Damian Lewis.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't want to spoil the new series but they are building a wall

Will be watching as have enjoyed all series so far

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
HD looks awful. Hyper realistic. I don't get why people gonso nuts for it. Films in HD look like they have been made on a camcorder.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
HD looks awful. Hyper realistic.
Can you explain a bit more why this is a bad thing?

I don't get why people gonso nuts for it. Films in HD look like they have been made on a camcorder.
So, like every film you've ever seen at the cinema?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can you explain a bit more why this is a bad thing?

So, like every film you've ever seen at the cinema?

I can't actually explain why it's a bad thing. To me it looks awful. I think it's to do with depth of field but I really don't know.

Perhaps cinema screens are different to TV screens but digital film looks okay on them.
Of course only up until very recently films were made using 35mm celluloid and looked fantastic. They still do. I'm in my 40's, so no, not like every film I've ever seen at the cinema. I was going to the cinema way before HD digital.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Starts in USA tonight so I'll download it in the morning and watch it tomorrow

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't actually explain why it's a bad thing. To me it looks awful.
I can't give you an answer, I don't know, but I wouldn't mind having a guess at a few things.
I think it's to do with depth of field but I really don't know.
It shouldn't be that - the DoF is in the filming, and is either to your liking or not, and about the same in SD and HD.

Perhaps cinema screens are different to TV screens but digital film looks okay on them.
They are. I wonder if it's the motion that's bothering you - the frames per second. At the cinema this will often be 24fps, and give that filmic quality that a lot of people love. Recordings on a camcorder are generally at a higher fps, but if they also use a fast shutter speed the motion can seem unnatural.

Of course only up until very recently films were made using 35mm celluloid and looked fantastic. They still do. I'm in my 40's, so no, not like every film I've ever seen at the cinema. I was going to the cinema way before HD digital.
Wo, wait a second, you didn't say digital. 35mm is HD (high definition), much more detail than in 1080p, so if you liked films at the cinema (even 20 years ago), it shouldn't be the HD that's bothering you.

But are you saying you like SD on the telly box? That's just weird :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can't give you an answer, I don't know, but I wouldn't mind having a guess at a few things.
It shouldn't be that - the DoF is in the filming, and is either to your liking or not, and about the same in SD and HD.

They are. I wonder if it's the motion that's bothering you - the frames per second. At the cinema this will often be 24fps, and give that filmic quality that a lot of people love. Recordings on a camcorder are generally at a higher fps, but if they also use a fast shutter speed the motion can seem unnatural.

Wo, wait a second, you didn't say digital. 35mm is HD (high definition), much more detail than in 1080p, so if you liked films at the cinema (even 20 years ago), it shouldn't be the HD that's bothering you.

But are you saying you like SD on the telly box? That's just weird :)

I'm one of God's mistakes.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I'll watch Homeland. It is a bit ott but viewable, as a conspiracy theory story. It has moved with the times...no longer about radicalisation and Iranian terrorism but mucky U.S politics.

I dont bother recording in High Definition. It takes up more space and my old eyes can't tell the difference.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I lost track of Homeland around half way through S3. Didn't realise it had got up to 7 series! Did it get back on track?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
HD looks awful. Hyper realistic. I don't get why people gonso nuts for it. Films in HD look like they have been made on a camcorder.

They don’t. That’ll be your TV settings. Make sure most of the extras that are meant to improve things are switched off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here